group leather seat cover purchase?

GMV6TURBOPOWER

has anybody ever attempted a group purchase on our leather seat covers to try to get a better deal?i'm sure i'm not the only one needing these. would anybody be interested in a group purchase of seat covers? i know i need a full set and have a hard time parting with $1800-$2000 for seat covers. any takers?

Are you talking about the ones from Jax's? I heard they were nice! Mine are perfect still but I know one day they will bite the dust and I was thinking on getting a set to put away.. I talked to a guy who worked for Pontiac back in 89 and he said people were bringing these cars back in with 5 and 10K on them and the bolsters were shot already! Shame GM used such crap leather back in the 80's! Those festival cars are the way to go! :)
:D But yea.. I might be in on this just to put them away

what i was thinking if we maybe got 10 or 20 people involved maybe we can get seat covers for maybe for $1300 or $1400 if we buy in volume???

i ordered my jax seat covers 2 weeks ago. just got the call on tues saying they were done and would shipped out yesterday! i hope they make it tomorrow... otherwise i should have on mon morning!

I thought there was a place that sold the whole seat for $600? Maybe CAR Motorsports?

Originally posted by j13smiley
i ordered my jax seat covers 2 weeks ago. just got the call on tues saying they were done and would shipped out yesterday! i hope they make it tomorrow... otherwise i should have on mon morning!

Make sure you post and let us know how they look,feel,and fit! I heard they are dead match to original just better leather!

Originally posted by phillyturbosix
Make sure you post and let us know how they look,feel,and fit! I heard they are dead match to original just better leather!

I bought a set from Jax a few years ago and they were top notch, I wouldn't hesitate to get another set.
That said I would be in for a group purchase as long as it was within the next week or two, I'm full tilt into this TTA I just bought and seats, carpet and console are high on my list of things to get.

I'd be in for a set of fronts too.
FYI, the leather in my 95 TA is still perfect after 75k miles....the leather in the 99 TA is crap after only 19k miles....have no idea why GM went back to crap quality leather....both cars have white leather.

Originally posted by phillyturbosix

yep - i picked them from posts here. as soon as they come and i get them installed i'll post my results and pics.

I'll take a set fronts also. I had my bolster re-done and it turned nice.

Couldn't hurt to have a nice new set.

the box just arrived! i'm at work so i can't pull them all out and inspect them yet. i'll post em up when i get home later!

I bought my Jax ones about 2 years ago and the leather is much thicker (real leather :) than the original stuff, color macth is really good and quality of work great. I would not hesitate to get another set from Jax if I had to so go for it guys.

These things sound nice! Hopefully they will do a group purchase to bring that price down some! :cool:

Jan: I got my box of goodies! thanks!!! :cool: :cool:

a few updates carmotorsports doesn't even have the material anymore and they didn't really seem to want to get involved unless we had more than 20 people. he also said there was only 50/50 shot at them getting the material .they also said the hides were $800 each each car requires 2 hides 1 for front 1 for rear so they have $1600 just in materials before they even make them into seat covers. so with that said jax is willing to offer a discount not a real lot it all depends on how many people we can get on board. they were talking something like 3 people front and rears a $90 discount i think 5-10 a $150 discount and so on. they also said if people only needed the fronts we can do something there too!!! if any of you guys can help out by throwing up a post or link on any tta website a buick website with the tta's or a pontiac or even just a third gen website i'm sure we can get covers made up in more colors than beechwood. all the help i can get will be appreciated thanks james 203 605 4704

well ask them if i count since i just ordered mine from jax about 2 weeks ago ;)

they're here - i got some pics. i'll post up soon!