Had a 85 T-Type for lunch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Turbo V6, I must apologize! I did not realize that I had to stay in the Hawaii section just because I reside here. If it's any consolation, I am not native to Hawaii.

Purely out of curiosity, how is this regulated? I find it rather unfortunate that this board regulates where each person can visit based upon where they reside.:(

I wish I was as blessed as you and the other members that get to navigate the other sections of this board. I apologize once again!

If the moderators could e-mail me a list of sections that Hawaii people are not allowed in I will unwillingly oblige!:(

You can roam freely as you want. It seem like your getting alot of TR members upset. Its started in Hawaii so just giving you suggestion to roam in the "Hawaii sec" and you can talk your incounters with us. I'm not telling you where you can go and not to go

87 octane you did not answer the question "how do you know its an 85"?

Turbo V6, it is not my intent to anger any of the visitors here. It seems that I have been apologizing constantly since my arrival.:( I will perhaps consider your advice and remain in the Hawaii section as it seems that I am not welcome here.:(

For the record, I can sleep easier knowing that I had, at the least, made an attempt to make ammends with this unknown T-Type owner. I apologize for the last time as I bid all of your hatred goodbye.

Thank you! I must say that I did find some of the topics here rather enjoyable, even if for only a little while.

With that said, I bid all of you adieu in the timeless words of Cool 84..."fags"

Revved it up to 9k?

I bet you did, esp. considering that the 2k Celica GTS has a FUEL CUTOFF at 8400 rpms :confused: ...If you're gonna talk about it, at least make it believable.

What's really sad is that I bet he doesn't even own a 2k Celica but he wishes he did...Quit wasting our time :mad:

Originally posted by TurboV6
87 octane you did not answer the question "how do you know its an 85"?

It was merely an assumption! As I have stated before, I am a car enthusiast. The vehicle in question did not have any GN logo's. I saw the hood scoop so I automatically assumed it was a T-type. As far as the year is concerned, I just assumed that all 85's had the turbine(or whatever they are called) rims. That is how my assumpiton was made.

Originally posted by REDS HOT AIR
those who cant figure this guy out
read this

funny they guy getting flamed over there has an 85 ttype

Great thread, the best part is this:

"the GTS one? those ones is fast. i saw couple at the tracks clocking like 14's. "

Then this:

"as a 2001 Celica GT-S owner, i say.... the fuel cut-off to 7600-7800 RPM....i've never seen any celicas clock a 14 sec pass....the fastest ETA amongst my friends and I that drive Celicas is a 15.3...and that's with an intake, exhaust, and a AFC....personally, i clocked a 15.4 pass...STOCK...seriously"

The Hawaii-spec Celicas must be real special :rolleyes:

Jim

I think he's gonna go cry now.:D
He is probably so pissed off now that he is gonna go get in his car, "rev it up to 9 grand" and chirp his tires in a sad attempt to do as the real men do and roast those puppies off.:D :D

As long as we're on the subject of rice...

There I was, minding my own business sitting at a stoplight on Highway 20 heading towards the Mall of GA last night. I see these headlights with blue turn signals in my rearview mirror. :rolleyes: I thought, "It's gotta be a ricer". So I take off nice and easy and few moments later after some gaps form in the traffic, He goes flying around in a right lane. I see it's a red Integra with the ubiquitous fart pipe.

It must have been my lucky day because he got stopped at a red light with an empty lane beside him. So I pulled up and looked over and grinned. He kind of giggled back.

No need to bring the revs up - it's just an Integra. I'm at idle when the light goes green. That's when I find out for sure he wants to play. I hear his front tires chip and he takes off fast, getting about a car length and then some ahead of me. Meanwhile, I open up the 65mm throttle body and the tach shoots up immediately. I immediately close the gap. 6000rpm I powershift into 2nd; the rear tires break loose and the smoke begins to billow, resulting in thick haze obfuscating my rear view mirror vision. This occured just as I was passing the ricer, so he got an earful of thunderous 5.0 exhaust being evaculated by a stainless steel Bassani X-pipe and Bassani mufflers, and plenty of smoke for the tires. Naturally, the distance he fell behind increased rapidly...one car length, two lengths, three lengths, four lengths, shift into third, pull some more and shut it down, praying that there were no cops around Then I took the next turn to head towards my original destination.

I can see him now after meeting up with his ricer buddies at the Mall of GA: "I just beat this heavily modified Mustang on naws off the line. He pulled ahead a little but then I started reeling him in but he chickened out and turned off." :rolleyes:

14's WOW... THERE THAT FAST.. OH MY GOD... GEEZ... MEANWHILE JUST ABOUT EVERY GN on this board is running at least a 12 or better.. Theses cars are wothless on 1/4 mile runs.

Why do all of you hold so much animosity towards imports? I can not help the fact that I have been graced with a factory freak. It was not my intention to humiliate this person. I took his challenge thinking that I would loose. Aren't your cars suppose to be able to pull 10's with minor modifications? How was I to know that my 13 sec factory freak was gonna take down a T-Type?

Don't blame me! I am merely making an attempt to touch bases with this person so I can apologize for making him look the fool. I have nothing against anyone here! From what I have read in the other sections of this board I gather this is a place filled with extremely nice people.

I cannot fathom what is making everyone so angry.:confused: So I drive an import. I am a car enthusiast! I hold no bias between import or domestic. The reason I felt compelled to buy my GTS is because after test driving many cars(Mustangs,LS1's,Civic's,WRX's,Lexus's) I fell in love with the enormous amounts of HP and Tq that my car makes. I believe that with the modifications that I have planned, based on the HP to weight ratio, and the fact that my car is a freak I should be into the 12's, and that would be with just headers, FIPK and exhaust. Imagine what I would do when I start doing the internals, like head and valve work, crank and piston, electronic ignition. I can't wait!:D I'm getting shivers just thinking about how fast I will be!:cool:

:)

I fell in love with the enormous amounts of HP and Tq that my car makes.

What the hell did you used to drive, a moped ?? Ohh I am sorry that would be an even swap.:)

Originally posted by 87Octane
Why do all of you hold so much animosity towards imports?

We don't. We hold so much animosity toward trolls, which clearly you are. Your story, and your reasons for telling it, are total BS and I'm tired of reading it over and over again.
Aren't your cars suppose to be able to pull 10's with minor modifications?

No.
How was I to know that my 13 sec factory freak was gonna take down a T-Type?

It didn't
Don't blame me! I am merely making an attempt to touch bases with this person so I can apologize for making him look the fool.

If that were true, you wouldn't still be here.
From what I have read in the other sections of this board I gather this is a place filled with extremely nice people.

It is.
I cannot fathom what is making everyone so angry.:confused:

It must the the 8th wonder of the world then. Impossible mystery to solve. Go away and think about it some more.
So I drive an import. I am a car enthusiast! I hold no bias between import or domestic.

Yes you do. If that were true you wouldn't still be here defending your import with wild stories and ridiculous claims.
The reason I felt compelled to buy my GTS is because after test driving many cars (Mustangs,LS1's,Civic's,WRX's,Lexus's) I fell in love with the enormous amounts of HP and Tq that my car makes.

Holy crap! I can't believe "LS1s" and "Civics" are in the same sentence together. They're night and day - as is a Celica and a T-Type. If you really drove an LS1, you wouldn't be talking about the "enormous amounts of HP and Tq" your Celica has. Driving one of those cars REALLY puts things in perspective. Nothing, except my GN, feels remotely fast after driving either of the 2 LS1s in my family. Plus, you'd still be cleaning your pants out. You don't know what HP and Tq are.
I believe that with the modifications that I have planned,

I still don't understand why someone considering an LS1 would settle for a Celica. You have to spend THOUSANDS to get it to perform like the LS1 did off the showroom floor - and the LS1 is cheaper out the door.

Lets face it - you're driving a mid-low 15 second car. Period. A factory "freak" might run a couple of ticks quicker, which would optimistically put you in the high-14s. To get it into the 12s, you better be prepared to drop a lot of coin on it. Tenths of seconds are hard to come by - never mind 2 full seconds. Let us know when you think your car is "fast". I'm sure there's some folks in Hawaii that will run you.

Jim

wierd

this could be related to my posts on speedhawaii.com. though...i have cleared up the smoke thats been between myself and the celica guys, they are a pretty cool bunch of guys, like ourselfs who support our cars, they are the same with their's. I doubt this person is any of them...only a person who just wants to start another flame.

I own an 85 T-Type, I live in Oahu, Hawaii. But I didnt race any celica gt-s' YET. It was stated that the car was black, mines is silver...though I am Filipino and I do wear glasses. Also...this person cant assume its me (I feel he assumes the car is mines: 1. I live in Hawaii 2. It regards a celica 3. I own a TR) but my car isnt running at all, for about 3 months now.

to 87octane; GO HOME COOK RICE!

i am going to look on www.newcelica.org for this dude as well. They will even tell u that a stock celica will not pull 13's. ANd with exhaust, headers and so on there still not pulling 12's with the celica.

OMG Splwubs GN, thank you for the link!:D I have been looking for a website where I could bond with my fellow bretheren.:D

Finally a website where the true power of the GTS can be truely appreciated. Fear not friends! I will not leave you! I enjoy speaking with all of you very much!:)

I hope someone there can give me tips on how to better take care of domestic bullies.

This guy is obviously just toying with us and chuckling about it. I don't even think there's any real animosity or he would be addressing the points we have made about how unrealistic his claims are. I say leave it be and ignore him and that's that.

LOL Cryptic, you're one to talk!:rolleyes: You don't even own a sports car. Living vicariously through people? LOL. When you actually get start driving something that even remotely resembles a fast then we can speak.

Until then I will stick to answering the people that know what speed actually feels like!:p

87 you will not be finding any speed in a celica for one. i dont think a 15 sec stock celica car is anything to jump up and down about. LOL..

Status
Not open for further replies.