Happy Birthday (02-12) Donnie Wang (DonWG):

Wow

congrats!
thats solidly an 8 sec run! ( converts to 8.84)

fuel was steady? no fluctuations?
maybe it was just that connector?

congrats!
thats solidly an 8 sec run! ( converts to 8.84)

fuel was steady? no fluctuations?
maybe it was just that connector?
There were two problems fighting me for, I figure, over a year, maybe longer, without me realizing it.
A hole had burned in a plastic tee fitting to the fuel pressure regulator and boost gauge, causing a loss in fuel pressure rise in relation to manifold boost rise. I had noticed that when I studied videos of the gauges during testing, the boost gauge didn't seem to match the datalog data when it came to the boost numbers matching. I just thought the boost gauge wasn't that accurate. I also began to notice that the idle fuel pressure was 48-49 psi, instead of the 45 psi that I had thought I picked to be the idle fuel pressure number so long ago. When I did eliminate the tee fitting from the fuel pressure regulator signal line, the idle fuel pressure did return to 45 psi. At that point, I knew I would have to go through the hassle of dialing in the fuel table all over again.
The next problem I realized a few weeks later when I still felt that I was having to use more injector pulse width on the top end than I could recall using in the past. I started diagnosing the fuel supply system by checking the voltage to the fuel pump. It was down about 1.5 volts. I started doing voltage drop probing and discovered a burned connector on the relay for the fuel pump voltage booster. The voltage booster kicks in at about 5 psi and is very important in my fuel supply scheme. It boosts the voltage to the fuel pump by 50%, increasing the fuel supply volume greatly.

With the fuel supply system fixed, I've had to pull a lot of pulse width out of the fuel table on the top end. So much, that at this point, it's projecting that I may be able to push the duty cycle on the electronic injectors up to 360 kPa MAP. That will be about 38 psi boost! This latest 5.57 ET was performed using 315 kPa MAP, only 31 psi boost! I may not need to upgrade the fuel system after all!

Happy belated birthday Donnie!

And congrats on your new best...all your hard work is paying off. BTW I gotta stop by your shop sometime this week to get some meth...gettin' ready for Fontana in a couple weeks, hope you can make it there too.

What a great birthday.
More new bests for the car.
Max MAP used today was 315 kPa. Ramped in by the end of the run, but since the fueling is now fixed;

1.277 60'
3.629 330'
97.660 mph
5.576 660'
126.??? mph (printer wigged out)

The highest injector duty cycle was 81%. There's a smidge more room to push the boost higher next time. :biggrin:

RPM across the finish should have been 7250 to 7275, but due to tire slip, 7329. This ain't going to work on the 1/4 mile. 3.42 gears will be going in.

Launch rpm and map was 5,098 and 141.7 kPa.

Thanks for the birthday wishes. Running out to grab some dinner now.

Very nice!
Jeff