Has anyone compared their O2 sensor against a wideband?

V6 Beast

Under Pressure
Has anyone gone to Dyno and used the Wide band o2 sensor? How do the readings compare to the stock? Does it use the same scale? I want to use it to check if my sensor is reading correctly..

Thanks

Steve

Originally posted by V6 Beast
Has anyone gone to Dyno and used the Wide band o2 sensor? How do the readings compare to the stock? Does it use the same scale? I want to use it to check if my sensor is reading correctly..

The oem stockers are switching types they just read rich or leaner then 14.7:1.
Exhuast back pressure and EGT effect there readings.
The only thing in common between the two is the thread size.

A quick search at DIY-EFI should get you about 200 pages of notes about the two.

Yes, correct, the stockers are "switching type" O2 sensors that have a very narrow "field of vision" so to speak.
their operating range is from 0 to 1 volt, and the stoiceometric pooint (14.7:1) is at the .500 volt point, but has very steep approach and departure angles from that voltage. That's why you see them switching from lean to rich so fast and so often when in closed loop.

The wideband O2 sensors on the other had are a completely different animal.
Their operating voltage is from 0 to 5volts full scale and instead of a S shaped operating curve, the voltage vs. A/F ratio is a linear progression from 0 to 5 volts., with 2.5 volts being approx. stoiceometric.