Header PANEL removal? What am I missing?

TR Custom Parts

Mark Hueffman - Owner
Taking some stuff off the car for some paint work. Hood, header panel, bumpers. Got the front bumper and fillers off.

Trying to figure out how the header panel comes off so I don't break it. Got the bolts by the turn signal area, two studs on the bottom, bolts along the back side where it attaches to the fender and that panel that goes from the header panel to the radiator support.

What am I missing?? I know there is a little bracket up inside the grille area but took that off when I put in my front mount since it was in the way. Does that other panel have to come out too?? Pics would be helpful.;)

with hood open the metal panel across the top is part of the header , it has studs and looks like it will come off but its also epoxied , you have to remove the bolts that go into the top of the rad support

Taking some stuff off the car for some paint work. Hood, header panel, bumpers. Got the front bumper and fillers off.

Trying to figure out how the header panel comes off so I don't break it. Got the bolts by the turn signal area, two studs on the bottom, bolts along the back side where it attaches to the fender and that panel that goes from the header panel to the radiator support.

What am I missing?? I know there is a little bracket up inside the grille area but took that off when I put in my front mount since it was in the way. Does that other panel have to come out too?? Pics would be helpful.;)
Call James.He will tell you where they all are, what size, and how many of each there is

mark give me a call .

Got it! Not too bad. Hood, bumpers, fillers, header panel all off and now time to strip the hood and bumpers. Fillers and header to be stripped by body shop. Thanks Miguel! Thinking about eliminating the bumperettes while I am at it. Never liked the way they looked. Will be keeping the strips though.

is it some kind of a sign that a guy that sells lots of cool custom parts for these cars doesn't even know how to take one apart?

:)

When you have a low mileage car why would I have needed to take the body apart?:biggrin::biggrin: That header panel is sort of strange how they have it glued to the bracket that goes to the radiator support. Buick engineering.:wink:

I think I know my way around a car pretty well actually. Only thing I can't do is body work and automatic transmissions.

Attachments

• apart 001.jpg
    apart 001.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 260
  • LASTPIC.jpg
    LASTPIC.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 223
Mark, what route are you going on stripping the bumpers? I pulled my front and rear bumpers and fillers for a repaint and new strips and to do alum. supports. I was thinking about having the bumpers, bumperettes, and signal bezels media blasted instead of trying to sand all the laquer off.

Trying POR-15's paint stripper. Done plenty of cars in the past the "chemical" way with good luck. Header panel and fillers are being done by the painter.

Too late to turn back now.:eek:

Attachments

• bumperhoodbumperettesdp 001.jpg
    bumperhoodbumperettesdp 001.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 162
  • bumperhoodbumperettesdp 002.jpg
    bumperhoodbumperettesdp 002.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 154
  • bumperhoodbumperettesdp 003.jpg
    bumperhoodbumperettesdp 003.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 155
Mark,
While your in there now is the time to hide some wiring I drilled a hole under the wiper motor and ran the head light and cruz wiring through it and between the fender and inner fender so now all that wiring is hidden. Should only take you an extra 5min since all of its open any way and makes for a much cleaner look under the hood.

why stop there lets part it out :D in about 15 to 20 hours that thing could be stripped to nothing without wrecking anything! if you need a hand let me know i am a expert.

bad a$$ chevelle