Help me. My TTA runs so badly

cjohnston

I recently thought my tta was running like it was weak, or needed a tune up so I decided to put fuel cleaner in the tank with the 93 fuel plus octane booster I already had in the gas tank. It has made my car run like complete crap. It idles very poorly at start up and sounds like it will die. Then something kicks in a few seconds later that makes it idle better. It runs fine for about two minutes while driving and then it starts to miss while going down the road. I have a scan master in the car and everything seems normal except the o2 volt readings. They stay constantly around 750-850 until it cuts out and misses sending spikes down to 035 and then back up again. I have already replaced the fuel filter, spark plug wires, and a 02 sensor. Somebody please tell me where to turn.

Could be MAF sensor. When they go back the car will miss and buck. If you know someone local with a known good MAF toss it on and see if that helps.

new info... I was driving it home the other night..it started missing like it had been doing then it died. I haven't been able to get it started since. I tried tapping on the MAF. Any chance it's the crank sensor? cam sensor? fuel pump?

Like someone suggested, I'd start with the fuel pressure. What is it while cranking?

It could be a lot of different things. Now that you have a no-start condition, it can be more difficult to troubleshoot.

Like someone suggested, I'd start with the fuel pressure. What is it while cranking?

It could be a lot of different things. Now that you have a no-start condition, it can be more difficult to troubleshoot.
If there's no trouble code & it won't start check the crank sensor 1st to see if you're getting a signal from it. You can unplug the MAF & it should start without it if that was the issue (it will force it into limp home mode).

Three parts everyone should get a known good spare. MAF, ignition module, and ECM

My hunch is your MAF has shit the bed. You can only use an OEM MAF(not available new) or an LT1/LS1 with translator. Dont even try the autozone, advance, etc junk. You'll see if you do.

Fuel pump is another.. but typically even a poor pump will let it run.

Unplugging MAF doesn't allow it to start. I can hear the fuel pump running when I turn the key. Tried switching the Ignition module. Going to test fuel pressure I am getting at rail next...