HELP: Need engine rebuilder in S.F.

tcgn

Can someone recommend a good reputable engine rebuilder in San Francisco.
I bought a block and need to rebuild again.
Thanks in advance

I have recently sent many engine parts to a customer for a 109 build in your area, and the engine builder is in Livermore.

The shop is D&M Auto and the contact is Dan at 925-447-6100. This is a performance stroker build 109, so this may be someone you could check out. :)

Dan's building for me ...

Send me a PM with your contact info, and I'll give you a shout this weekend when I get back from another road trip. Dan is building my stroker engine, whose parts I have gotten from Nick and others on the board. Dan's had a lot of neat stuff go through his shop, but he and I are working together on this build. We are not very far along yet, but should have most of the major short block parts in hand in the next day or so, so progress should get better. Nick and Mike Dopkins have helped me a lot with parts and build advice. We'll see how it goes.
John A, Turbohh

Al Hubbard's machine shop

I ask a fellow GN friend today who rebuilt his motor. It' a shop in Hayward, Ca.
Al Hubbard's machine shop. This shop is much closer to me than D&M in Livermore. Have anyone else have their motors rebuilt by them? Still debating on who's rebuilding my motor.:confused:

It's a little out of the way but Mizzi Automotive specializes in turbo Buicks. Call and talk to Dominic. I think his board name on here is Dominic as well if you want to send him a PM.

707-429-8820
1128 Western St # 36
Fairfield, CA 94533

Nick and John are you on the NorCalGN mailing list?
Do you want to be?

Rob"s automotive machine

There is a shop in Hayward called Rob's Automotive machine. They have a website with views of equipment inside the shop. Have anyone have any experiences with them? I call them today and told them that I would like to reuse the TRW pistons and he said they are heavy pistons and want to sell me a spare set of JE pistons in their shop. That makes me wonder about the price for the rebuild.
I also call S&S, a lady answers the phone and she was not helpful. She told me that they don't want to work on anyones screw up and she refuse to give me an estimate on building a short block. I guess they dont want in my business.

I call them today and told them that I would like to reuse the TRW pistons and he said they are heavy pistons and want to sell me a spare set of JE pistons in their shop. That makes me wonder about the price for the rebuild.
I also call S&S, a lady answers the phone and she was not helpful. She told me that they don't want to work on anyones screw up and she refuse to give me an estimate on building a short block.

Well I'd say you got your answer on those two ! :eek:

www.jmsracing.com in El Monte. Very helpful, talked to me anytime I called on the building of my short block.

Found my block today in Hayward and had it dropped off to Rob's automotive.
Location was close and another club member referred me. Thanks to all of you for your help and advises.

mizzy automotive if you have the money! i have been to there shop a few times in fairfield when i berly got my gn, never got no work done but every time i went there where stage2s, go fast cars, and had the 1200 hp buick v6 supposedly the fastest turbo 6 in northern california!