Help Please

G

GNonDUBS

I really dont know much about GN's except that I have one and now it is messed up. Last Sunday I washed it then went driving around for about an hour with my boyfriend and some friends then went home and parked it. About 2 hours later I got in to take a friend home and it was knocking like really bad. So i turned right back around and parked it. Been parked ever since. Dont know anyone to take it to besides Audi and that guy really screws people. Took it to him once to upgread from 84 to 87 and he screwed us. Dont know how thats just what my boyfriend said. So if you guys know anyone could you please help me out!!!! Thanks sooooo much.

Is it knocking under boost? (detonation).........or is it knocking at idle or under load like someone is smacking the side of the block with a hammer? You said you had it upgraded from an '84 to an '87, is that the ignition module or is that an engine swap? Is it an "intercooled" or "hot-air" model? A little more specifics please! :)

omg

Umm it isnt detonation. I'm pretty sure I know what that sounds like but it is at idol as well as under a load. Yeah sounds like someone is banging it. A friend told me I may have blown a head gasget but wouldnt it run really **** and throw smoke if i had done that. I think that when he upgraded it it was just the igniton. Not the whole motor. The car is actually my boyfriends but I drive it all the time. Well used to. He works all the time and really doesnt have time to drive it. Actually if you guys are in the Dallas area you may have seen it. GN on 20's. Not to many I have seen around here. Anyway thats about all I know.

help

YOu better be careful what you say about other people on this list unless you have something to back it up.
If you have an issue with a certain person you should address it with him personally.
This list is not here to badmouth other people !!!

i didnt bad mouth anyone. Maybe you might read it again. I said we were screwed, I didnt know how but thats just what my friend said. How is that bad mouthing. People get screwed everyday and you just learn not to go there anymore. So I took my boyfriends word for it and WE will not take the car back there.
What ever anyone else does is there own business.

"besides Audi and that guy really screws people. Took it to him once to upgread from 84 to 87 and he screwed us. Dont know how thats just what my boyfriend said."

And I havent only heard it from my boyfriend. I have 4 friends with turbo buicks. And everyone of them have said that. I dont personaly know him so I'm not bad mouthing. Anyways. If you have a suggestion thanks if not then fine.

You said..............

Originally posted by GNonDUBS
"i didnt bad mouth anyone."

Just this guy..............

"Dont know anyone to take it to besides Audi and that guy really screws people."

Sounds like BAD MOUTHING to me!

HHHHHMMMM

You also said.................

"I dont personaly know him so I'm not bad mouthing."

Here it is again.................

"Took it to him once to upgread from 84 to 87 and he screwed us. Dont know how thats just what my boyfriend said."

Saying negative things about people is considered BAD MOUTHING and the man you are bashing is not able to defend himself. There is always "2 sides to every coin" and I would like to hear his side. Maybe your boyfriend should chime in and speak for himself, just my .03 cents! :rolleyes:

List Bashing...............

I hate to see good people get bashed so here is my .2 worth. If you are going to bash someone have all the facts to back it up (not my boyfriend said) and know how to spell, at the very least, the person's name. I have dealt with Adi (Audi is a car) and his shop for a few years now and have even purchased a TB from him. His shop has a minimum of 6 TB's there at a time so he must be treating a lot of TB people right. He and his crew maintain a lot of the buicks in the Dallas TB club and he is a past president of the club. He recently put a new motor in my truck and it runs like a dream. I can personally say that with my YEARS (not one deal) of experience with Adi he is an outstanding TB guy and knows his stuff. If you need any further reference, please feel free to contact me.....................

Re: List Bashing...............

Originally posted by TXS 86 T-TYPE
I hate to see good people get bashed so here is my .2 worth. If you are going to bash someone have all the facts to back it up (not my boyfriend said) and know how to spell, at the very least, the person's name. I have dealt with Adi (Audi is a car) and his shop for a few years now and have even purchased a TB from him. His shop has a minimum of 6 TB's there at a time so he must be treating a lot of TB people right. He and his crew maintain a lot of the buicks in the Dallas TB club and he is a past president of the club. He recently put a new motor in my truck and it runs like a dream. I can personally say that with my YEARS (not one deal) of experience with Adi he is an outstanding TB guy and knows his stuff. If you need any further reference, please feel free to contact me.....................

:D :) :cool: :) :D :cool: :) :D :cool: :)

What he said!

Give me a break

Great you like ADI! It's called an opinion and last time I checked everyone was allowed to have one. Anyways the point of this post was to see if anyone knew and shops besides his. If not then dont reply. But if you would like to help out then please do.

Re: Give me a break

But if you would like to help out then please do.

Since your boyfriends car is an '84 GN with the "hot-air" motor, you should post in the "hot-air" tech section of this forum that is specific for that engine. He will get all the tech help he needs from the experts in that section.

I think maybe the best thing you can do is get rid of the boyfriend because he WILL screw you and then take the car back to Adi because he WON'T!!!! Been doing business with Adi for three years and have never had any problems. One of the most knowledgable GN people in the Dallas area!! Nuff Said.

thanks

oooook. i totally didnt understnad what the last person who posted was saying. but anyways. i was new to this board so excusse me for posting in the dallas area. i cant believe how stupid i am for thinking that maybe somebody may know something here. Anyways. Thanks for the help. Oh and to ADI sooooooo sorry if I hurt your feelings. Just going by what my boyfriend said.

Since we are all voicing opinions about Adi...

Adi has worked on all of my cars in the past and the service and results that I have received have always been EXCELLENT, not to mention the fair prices.

He has always been honest and up front with me and he usually goes waaay out of the way to make his customers happy...even when several have gotten him to do work or order parts when they knew full well that they didn't have the finances to pay him.

I know that many of the people in the DFW area have been VERY pleased with his work and many were also pleased with his outstanding service as the LSPBC Director for three years. That is truly a job for someone who puts others before themselves. The fact that he put up with what he did for three years is still beyond me.

Considering the options in town, he has the only repair shop in the DFW area that I would take my Buick to for any kind of service or upgrades.

I wish you luck in getting your GN repaired and I'm sorry to hear that you and your boyfriend have had problems with your car.

Take care