Help with fast XFI

Catch

Just installed Fast system. Car starts, revs to 7-1200 rpms and then immediately shuts down. Is there something simple that I overlooked? Any help would be appreciated.
P.S. Please don't tell me to call the vendor. I tried that and he's not there.

Key wiring ???

Just installed Fast system. Car starts, revs to 7-1200 rpms and then immediately shuts down. Is there something simple that I overlooked? Any help would be appreciated.

Does the ECM power stay hot when the key goes to the run position?
Does the fuel pump stay on? [Fuel psi stay up?]

The green power light stays on, fuel pump stays on, and fuel pressure stays at about 45. The crank sensor light is red and flashes once. The cam sensor light is amber and flashes once or twice. Are those lights right? Thanks for the help.

Go online with it.... pull up the VE table... watch the AFR when it cranks... and dies...

Sounds like you need some more afterstart fuel.... there is cranking fuel.... then afterstart fuel.... sounds like it might be enough cranking fuel... but is immediately going lean after cranking.... just a hunch....

Try raising the afterstart vs coolant temp. If you bought the system from me, please give me a call. We are back from BG.

I did get running last night. i plugged the mass translator box in ,and it started right up. Weird ?

I did get running last night. i plugged the mass translator box in ,and it started right up. Weird ?

You should be running speed density.... w/o a MAF meter..... so that doesn't make sense to me..... maybe the temperature is much warmer now... enough so... that the AFR is close enough to keep it running....?

If you bought the system new from one of the vendors.... I'm sure they would be glad to help you get it going...... but if you didn't buy the system from one of the vendors.... or you bought it used.... I can attempt to get the starting fixed... just send me the GCT file...

I would like you to have the software up.... key on.... when cold.... software online with XFI box.... VE table pulled up......and watch the Actual AFR (down in the dashboard) while cranking... then just after cranking.... and let us know what it is.....

Sounds like the MAP isn't wired into the XFI and the MAF is sending a signal to keep it running.

Yep..

Sounds like the MAP isn't wired into the XFI and the MAF is sending a signal to keep it running.

U beat me to it! The OLD memory bank works better than the the "new" does!
Something to do with "oldtimerz disease", and retention of long term memory vs short term..:eek: :D

Should be easy to determine if the MAP isn't reading....

What kPa is the bubble on (when online and key on... car off...).... and does it move when car cranks.....?

There was a 2 pin connector for the mass translator that was spliced into a white wire on the module. I cut that the connector out and soldered the white wire. Now the car starts and runs. Thanks for all the help. Bill Anderson sold me the Fast. He is going to tune it next Saturday