Hemi

Hyper

Well I just bought my wife a New 4x4 Hemi dodge 4 door black off road truck today and I dont believe what happened. She had a yukon with a 5.7 vortec in it and I could race with her with my turbo cummins dodge dually and I could pull her from 50 up. Today with her new truck on the way home I tried her again. But this time she was in the Hemi. She waxed my a$$. She pulled me so hard I gave up. Damn I should have known better that mess with a black truck. After all those black cars already have showned alott of folks there tail lights. I love this new Hemi, it runs strong and with 345 HP, it has all the guts a truck could have.

That's pretty funny "she waxed my a$$"
I'll bet she couldn't wait to tell all her friends about it:D

Sounds like a nice truck...
I always dreamed of owning a hemi cuda as a youngster,
the hemi was one bad a$$ engine.

Just turned 275 miles on my Hemi, it seems to get stronger every day. I have the regular cab 2 wheel drive. I got a nice deal from a Turbo Buick owner who runs the fleet department at the biggest dealer in Phoenix.

My biggest problem is which vehicle to park out side since a two car garage is all I have. This should change in a few months when I upgrade to a new home with a three car garage.

Yeah my Uncle just came down from Michigan with his 4 door HEMI Truck. He told me to try it out and your not lying it's got some balls!!:D That thing pulls pretty good for a truck. Frank

I am sure the the 2 door, shortbed Hemi of Krom is not as fast [yet!] as the Lightnings I have driven, but a half the price it is a great package!:)

That thing gotta HEMEH?

mwhuwahahaha! I drove my brothers HEMI and it was totally impressive.

I just think it's so damn cool that your wife will race you! That's kinda sexy.....:D

So what do those Hemi trucks run in the quarter? That's all that matters really.

1/4

I saw it posted that they run 15.0 off the show room, this is not bad at all for a heavy truck!

Mid 15s? That's all? :confused:

OK, the Lightnings have what - 50 or so more horsepower? And they run low-mid 13s. So how can a difference of about 50 horsepower result in a difference of two seconds at the strip? Unless the Dodges are a lot heavier, geared a lot crappier, and have way less torque.

1/4

Maybe the fact that it has 4 doors, and 4 wheel drive, and a off road package that has scid plates and tow hooks and 275/70/17 wheels. These thing are heavy and big, the lighting is 2 wheel drive and made out of tin. :D :D

I bet it will beat it on dirt?????

If its made out of tin its alot of tin. The lightning weighs 4940 with me in it.

The lightning is rated at 380HP and 450ft/lbs of TQ.

Read that TQ number again. Did you see that? Read it again :D

HEMI THIS :eek:

No question that the Lightnings rule the truck world.

I wanted a vehicle that was inexpensive, had potential like the little 231 to grow, be driven in most conditions and if I scratched the box it would be no big deal.

Lets wait a year and maybe we will be some competition for the L.

Yeah I know, I am just messin around...

I am waiting for the Viper Truck, Its still Naturally Asperated which means I just gotta Pulley and Chip up ala Grand National Style to beat the big bad V10 :cool:

My dad drove a full-size hemi Ram, DUALLY, at the San Antonio Dealership convention... it was an automatic, and he said he chirped second gear. At that point I promptly wet myself. :eek:

Oh yeah, he also said there was a full-size all the way around tuned hemi ram running at an 1/8th mile strip he was at (I dont remember why he was there), and he said the best time it ran was a 7.40. Imagine the last full-size cruiser you saw rumbling down the road screaming down the 1/8th that fast. :eek:

2003 Special Vehicle Team SVT F-150 Lightning Specifications
POWERTRAIN
BODY STYLE
Pickup

POWERTRAIN/CHASSIS

EPA Class
Pickup

Drivetrain Layout
Longitudinally mounted rear-wheel drive

Engine Type
SOHC, 90-degree Tritonª V-8, supercharged/intercooled, cast iron block, aluminum-alloy heads, forged steel crankshaft

Valvetrain
Chain drive, roller finger followers with hydraulic lash adjustment, beehive valve springs, two valves per cylinder

Bore/Stroke (in/mm)
3.5 x 4.1/90.0 x 105.6

Displacement (cu in/cc)
330/5410

Compression Ratio
8.4:1

Horsepower @ rpm
380 @ 4750

Torque (lb-ft) @ rpm
450 @ 3250

Redline
5250 rpm (fuel shut-off @ 5400 rpm)

Recommended Fuel
91 octane (premium)

Fuel System
Sequential multi-port electronic fuel injection (SEFI)

Oil Capacity with filter (quarts)

Coolant Capacity (quarts)

Transaxle
Four-speed automatic (4R100)

Final Drive Ratio
3.73:1

Gear Ratios

1st
2nd
3rd
4th
Reverse
2.71:1
1.53:1
1.00:1
0.71:1
2.176:1

SUSPENSION

Front
Short- and long-arm type, coil springs, tubular gas-charged Bilstein shock absorbers, 31mm solid stabilizer bar

Rear
Solid axle, staggered gas- charged Bilstein shock absorbers, five-leaf springs, 23mm solid stabilizer bar

STEERING

Type
Recirculating ball, power assist

Ratio
14.0:1

Turns Lock-to-Lock

Turning Circle,
Curb-to-Curb (ft)

BRAKES

Brakes (system type)
Four-wheel, three-sensor ABS

Front
12.1-in, vented disc, twin-piston caliper

Rear
13.1-in, vented disc, single-piston caliper

WHEELS AND TIRES

Wheels
18- x 9.5-in, five spoke, cast-aluminum alloy, painted surface

Tires
Goodyearª Eagle F1-GSª, 295/45ZR-18, unidirectional tread; 235/70R-16 spare tire

Number of Lug Nuts

Consumer Info

Assembly Plant
Oakville, Ontario, Canada

Basic Warranty
3-year/36,000-mile bumper-to-bumper

Roadside Assist
3 years/36,000 miles

Air bags
Standard second- generation dual front air bags

DIMENSIONS
EXTERIOR

Wheelbase

Track f/r
65.3 / 65.3

Overall Length

Overall Width

Overall Height

Frontal Area (sq ft)
n/a

Base Curb Weight (lbs)

Weight % f/r
57/43

Towing Capacity Max (lbs)
5000 lbs

INTERIOR

Seating Capacity

Legroom f/r (max/min)

Shoulder Room f/r

Hip Room f/r

Headroom f/r

Passenger Volume (cu ft)

Luggage Capacity (cu ft)

Total Interior Volume (cu ft)

Fuel Capacity (gal)

LOL, I tell you what take that super charger off of that truck and I will out run you with a Yukon 5.7, A 5.4 ford is a dog with out the super charger. Or better yet wait until the kenne bell super charger comes out for the hemi and then see if that ford will keep up. Just having fun with you, the lightning is a very nice truck. I love the looks of the new ones and I like the way they run. Keep in mind that this is my wife's truck and is not for racing. It's a 4x4 and has the off road package on it. All black just like the GN :D