Hemi

If I only had the extra money.:( I would like to put a SC and a good chip on my truck. A deal installed SC will not void the warrenty according to the deal. May a good dual exhaust system also.

One issue though is my truck is AWD (all the time), but starting at 325 hp & 370 lbs trq it could be interesting.

Originally posted by Hyper
LOL, I tell you what take that super charger off of that truck and I will out run you with a Yukon 5.7, A 5.4 ford is a dog with out the super charger.

You gettin your comeback lines from the old Mustang guys or what? Take of the Supercharger? Thats like them telling us to take off the turbo and they would race.

Well the Supercharger came from the factory that way, it doesn't come off. So you have to race me with it on there :p

Or better yet wait until the kenne bell super charger comes out for the hemi and then see if that ford will keep up.

Jeez shoulda just bought a Lightning and then you wouldn't have to spend 5K on a supercharger setup and deal with all the tuning issues your gonna have after you put it on. :eek:

Keep in mind that this is my wife's truck and is not for racing. It's a 4x4 and has the off road package on it. All black just like the GN :D

My truck isnt for racing either, I bought it as a Tow Vehicle and Daily driver :cool: Also its White, Just like the TTA :D

Originally posted by TTA89
Hemi's are cool but they get Struck Down by Lightning :D

lol...I ran a 13.06 at 101 with my diesel...I guess I strike down lightning's....

412hp and 845 foot pounds of torque and it weighs 5900 lbs and is 4X4 crew cab that gets almost 20mpg .....

Sweet :) What do you have and what is done to it?

Still stock for stock Lightnings Own :)

Yea I added a jucie box and a hypertech chip and a K&N filter..Other than that it is with 3700 miles on it..

Re: 1/4

Maybe the fact that it has 4 doors, and 4 wheel drive, and a off road package that has scid plates and tow hooks and 275/70/17 wheels. These thing are heavy and big, the lighting is 2 wheel drive and made out of tin. :D :D

I bet it will beat it on dirt?????

What about the regular cab, 1500 series, 2-wheel-drive pickups with Hemis? That's what I was asking about when I asked what they ran.

Originally posted by krom
No question that the Lightnings rule the truck world.

I wanted a vehicle that was inexpensive, had potential like the little 231 to grow, be driven in most conditions and if I scratched the box it would be no big deal.

Lets wait a year and maybe we will be some competition for the L.

syclone???

What are some good forums dedicated to the Hemi truck? I'm thinking about buying one.

I test drove a 2wd Ram 1500 with quad cab yesterday. Since the truck wasn't broken in I didn't run it too hard. But I did get on it a little and it didn't feel much quicker than my 5.3L Suburban. I didn't go too high in the rpm range, so maybe you can really tell the difference in the higher RPMS. It felt a lot more responsive than the Suburban though.

The back seat was a little cramped. But nobody will be back there but the kids. Still, I wish it were a tab more roomier in the back.

Overall, I liked it and wouldn't have any problems owning one.

Originally posted by denn454
syclone???

You consider $27k in 1991 -------reasonable?????--i have had a syclone and a typhoon------the new lightning would simply blow the doors off a stock GMC from 91 or 92 or 93

Geoff

I have rode in stock syclone and I cant see a ford out running it unless the driver was 70 years old.

I have rode in stock syclone and I cant see a ford out running it unless the driver was 70 years old.

Hahah a stock syclone? how much money do you wanna bet? Its a 14 second sled. The Lightnings launch awesome as well. 1.89 totally stock.

The Clone will be watching Ford taillights.

Lightnings are fast, and I kinda like em, but they're gonna have to do better than that when the Ram SRT-10 hits the streets. That's gonna be a fast truck, but it should have an automatic.

bob

I took my Hemi to the track last night, with 900 miles on it. Temp was over 100 degrees.
I beat all the 4.6 and 5.4 Fords(no Lightnings raced). I had no problems with the new GM trucks either.
A turbo diesel Dodge from some performance shop ran a 13.3.

I made two runs.

Should be able to crack 15's when the weather cools and motor frees up a bit. The new 5 speed tranny is terrible on the 2nd to third shift, revs drop to around 2800 and you crawl over the finish line. Hopefully a computer upgrade will be available to help this.

I doubt that I will race it more than one or twice a year but it was fun having a truck that could beat most of the ricers that were racing.

HEMI SITES???

I am on the MOPAR board alot, and see quite a bit of HEMI talk there. GOTO: www.moparchat.com.
I have a HEMI that I'm messin with..A fun engine to work on!!

There is no cure for HEMIROIDS!!:p :p