hi I'm new check out my project

It's not a Grand National, it's a T-Type & it looks like what you said it did......To be honest, I don't think it's worth 2500.00....

I'm not sure, but I would think so.....post that question on here & I'm sure you'll get an accurate answer....

I would stick to the 86/87 cars. Big difference in design with the IC added and the availability of parts. It can still be done with a 84/85 car, I know of a few that are very fast but the later models are much easier to mod. Good luck

fast86gn said:
I would stick to the 86/87 cars. Big difference in design with the IC added and the availability of parts. It can still be done with a 84/85 car, I know of a few that are very fast but the later models are much easier to mod. Good luck

Thanks for all of you all help but I'm back to the drawing broad cause I would like to do the 86 87 model

Not sure that you'd be interested in this, but here's a craigslist ad for a 1985 Buick Riviera T-Type in Garland.... They're pretty rare, I think they made 1,069 of them that year...They're asking 4,500... http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/cto/3688486857.html Of course, I'd hold out for a 1986 or 87 GN, T-Type/Turbo T...

I'm in Garland and I have never seen that car before? Could make a nice driver?

Nice, a wh1 and Lear siglar seating . Looks like a good place to start.

mcolor said:
I've seen that add is rear end the same as gn

Riviera is a wrong wheel drive. Rear is much different than a GN. Though the trans is very similar to the 2004r, except fwd transaxle.

That wh1 came from the factory with the 8:5 10 bolt, up to you to see of.it.is still under there. I still think it is a good start depending on the body, floor pans and such. Also look for the bq trans tag.

Id start the offer much lower depending on condition. Mind telling where it is listed if.you aren't going to purchase? Tia

mcolor said:
It's on Craigslist in New Orleans and thanx for the valuable info

Check it over real close. I would imagine it has been underwater with the hurricanes that came through in 2005. Still a rare example if you buy it "right".

Good Luck in your search