Hood pads again!?!

Just put in my cart and shipping was $126 on the hoodpad. $300+ for 2 day and 600+ for overnight

I wonder if the discount price applies at the dealership? ?

Just put in my cart and shipping was $126 on the hoodpad. $300+ for 2 day and 600+ for overnight

Exactly.

How are you? I haven't buzzed your neighborhood lately. There is a G-body cruise coming up this wkd. I think.

I wonder if the discount price applies at the dealership? ?

Give it a try. Grab the phone. Most of the GM parts guys I talked to don't mind a break for a walk thru the old parts on memory lane. Bring your part number and a respectful tone of voice. You may get lucky. :unsure:

Just bought my pad yesterday for a total of $213 from my parts guy at the dealer. Only place showing them in the GM parts computer is in Lansing Michigan. These used to be available in multiple warehouses. Probably running low on stock. 3-5 business days I was told. Go to the dealer and you will not pay shipping $.

I have shopped all over on line and the price of shipping ruins the deal that is under $200.

I am off to the graphics shop this week as they have the material in. I hope to have this completely done for under $275.

Exactly.

How are you? I haven't buzzed your neighborhood lately. There is a G-body cruise coming up this wkd. I think.

:unsure:
Doing good, GN is down for a hydroboost install. If you mean the one in Gurnee, it was last Saturday. Was hoping to get the brakes fixed before it but didn't make it.

David

Just bought my pad yesterday for a total of $213 from my parts guy at the dealer. Only place showing them in the GM parts computer is in Lansing Michigan. These used to be available in multiple warehouses. Probably running low on stock. 3-5 business days I was told. Go to the dealer and you will not pay shipping $.

I have shopped all over on line and the price of shipping ruins the deal that is under $200.

I am off to the graphics shop this week as they have the material in. I hope to have this completely done for under $275.

You must have the inside track as they used to say. $213 is a great price - about $60 less than anything around here. Where about are you located? Near Lansing?

What exactly is the graphics shop doing - paint? applique? decal? Please share.

Doing good, GN is down for a hydroboost install. If you mean the one in Gurnee, it was last Saturday. Was hoping to get the brakes fixed before it but didn't make it.

David

You're talking about Buick's n Buddies etc. probably. They usually have a nice turnout. Great get-together - not much shade but lots of fine people & cars. I meant Wisconsin GM G-Bodies on Facebook.

You must have the inside track as they used to say. $213 is a great price - about $60 less than anything around here. Where about are you located? Near Lansing?

What exactly is the graphics shop doing - paint? applique? decal? Please share.

$197 is the wholesale price I was told by the dealership. The parts manager said that its such an old part that he would sell it to me for that. So I just had to pay approximately $16 in tax. Free delivery. I live in NY.

The graphics shop has a similar material that the OEM hood pads had. I am going to see the material this week and approve it or not. If I do not like the material I am going to ask if they can do the stencil with the air brush route.

$197 is the wholesale price I was told by the dealership. The parts manager said that its such an old part that he would sell it to me for that. So I just had to pay approximately $16 in tax. Free delivery. I live in NY.

The graphics shop has a similar material that the OEM hood pads had. I am going to see the material this week and approve it or not. If I do not like the material I am going to ask if they can do the stencil with the air brush route.
Matt , what dealer ?

Sam, Bob johnson in greece. You have to order in person as they don't do special orders over the telephone.

I went to the graphics place and saw the decals. They look great and the color looks right too. As soon as the hood pad arrives they will be professionally installed as I don't want to mess them up as I have little patience.

I will post pics when it is all set.

Last edited: