Hospital release today!!

Our 24 yr old daughter just had a brain tumor removed on Wednesday, and she is coming home already today, Saturday. I am AMAZED at how seemingly minor it is to remove a brain tumor these days. I am very impressed with the professionalism of Swedish Hospital in Seattle. The doctor performs miracles every day. He has performed over 1500 brain tumor removals, and is still trying to improve his tradecraft.
Her tumor was benign (though we are still awaiting the pathology report.) They didn't even have to shave her head, which is very important to a girl that works in a spa. 47 stitches and a 2" square hole in her noggin, she still looks GREAT! She has some numbness on the left side of her body, but that should all go away as soon as the brain finishes swelling into the cavity left from the tumor. (Golf ball sized tumor). We took a walk down to the hospital Starbucks together this morning. (Hey! It's Seattle, we have Starbucks EVERYWHERE!) Unless you look closely, you wouldn't know she has a million stitches in her head. Other than manageable pain, and some lingering numbness on her left side, she is doing great. Thank God Obamacare is not yet in effect. Thanks for the numerous prayers and thoughts during her ordeal. We are on the downhill slide now. Good things DO happen to good people.:)

Im pleased to hear shes doing well.. the bodys is such a beautiful thing.. But also can be such a disaster... I wish good health to all TB members.. Ive been brain washed in RN school..But i still try to live life to the fullest, eventho it could be the end.!!! Hope all turns out well!!!!

Thank you all for the warm wishes and prayers. She is at home now, doing very well. Now it's the hurry up and wait for the healing process to run it's course.
For the past few months she had been waking up with her left side going numb. She figured it was from laying on her side, cutting off blood flow. Then, a few weeks ago it happened during the day. She went to her primary care provider, and she referred her to a neurologist. He had a cancellation, and got her in right away. The neurologist did a few simple tests to rule out nerve impingement. He then ordered a MRI, which they also had had a cancellation and fit her right in. 15 minutes after her MRI was finished, and she was on her way home............they called her and told her to be at the doc's office FIRST THING in the morning. They showed her the pictures and then transfered her to Swedish Hospital. So, if any of you are having unexplained numbness, might want to check it out.

IMPRESSIVE, sorry to hear about how she was so young and dealing with that ... but I am glad it was a quick ordeal ---

you are right ken, good things do happen to good people. You sir are one of the best, your kids too from what I remember.. AWESOME