Houston Area Buicks...

Hey Tim I was just playing around with you. I understand your position.

I have no room to complain about the club since I haven't had any time to put towards helping out.

I know Doug busted his butt for a long time on the club with very little help from the club itself, and that kept things going. The guys that took over the club when Doug stepped down I think were doing the best they could with the guys in the club that wanted to get involved.

Now that I finally figured out what was wrong with my car I'd love to go racing again and actually get it tuned up. I'm looking forward to turning up the boost!!!!!!

Thanks for the invite to the track last weekend, sorry I couldn't make it. I had way too many boxes I still needed to get packed for my move this Friday. Definitally give me a call next time you guys go, I'd love to come out and race with ya'll.

I saw the pictures on the gossip, it is always nice to see a Regal on the hotrod sites.

Later,

insane6 said:
One word of advise Quit having meetings and talking about and DO IT !!

FYI, the upcoming meet isn't just to sit around and "talk" about upcoming events, there is going to be a big fajita eat-on, a car show, a silent auction, a 50/50 drawing, door prizes & several other Buick-centric activities.

carhell said:
My membership dues would be in the mail if the club was to put some racing in the event schedule. Sunday night it was just Tim and JD racing each other and they were having a blast. I will have to just enjoy the Dallas and Oklahoma events until the HBC is done talking about it. Shawn Carlin

What about the Brand X Bash at Temple? The HBC has been one of the sponsors of this event for the last couple of years.

As for a local event over & above a meet at one of the test / tune or street race nights; area tracks were just too expensive for me to front the cost of a track rental and I couldn't get enough people to commit to splitting the cost among X number of cars to make the $$ more bearable. Lonestar wanted ~$750 up front for a 4 hour daytime rental & ~$1200 for evening use under the lights, plus another ~$250 for an ambulance crew & HRP was well into the thousands just to open the gate!!!

I wish i could show up to the meeting, ill be in Chicago for that weekend. But ill let Ryan speak for me lol, and if tim goes then im sure he has similar views as me. Tim im upset my car wasn't good enough for pics lol... i thought it was cool i was running on my 17s and nittos and not the slicks :(

CaptainInsane-O said:
I couldn't get enough people to commit to splitting the cost among X number of cars to make the $$ more bearable.
Funny I was never asked ! Why in the heck do you have to rent the track, just try to get people to show up a certain night and have FUN !
NO BURGERS, NO HOTDOGS< NO GRILLED CHICKEN just FREAKING RACE
JD and me race 5 times, paired beside each other everytime

I don't really care about any trophys either just have fun !
If the group starts getting bigger, (STOP )way i'm I waisting my time replying to you, Later i'm done Tim W.

racing

I would have no problem sharing an event with another club. Even a get together at the track as Tim mentioned. Yall can talk about it at the meeting, I am gonna be at the track regardless. Shawn Carlin

I want to tell everyone that the HBC is interested in getting the Turbo Crowd back. I own a '86 T Type & my son has a '84 GN with an intercooled 4.1L. We are planning some races this year (Nick is already working on a race program). He has contacted HRP. We need your input to make this work. Come out next Saturday, June 24th. or go to our website to see upcoming events.

PaCemkr86 said:
do you have to be in the Houston area to join ? I frequent the area often

Not at all. Anyone can join. If you are in town on the 24th come on out to the meeting and we can get you all set-up, or follow the link on the website www.houstonbuick.org :)

insane6 said:
Funny I was never asked ! Why in the heck do you have to rent the track, just try to get people to show up a certain night and have FUN !
NO BURGERS, NO HOTDOGS< NO GRILLED CHICKEN just FREAKING RACE
JD and me race 5 times, paired beside each other everytime

I don't really care about any trophys either just have fun !
If the group starts getting bigger, (STOP )way i'm I waisting my time replying to you, Later i'm done Tim W.

You were never asked on track rentals because by the time you were doing stuff with the club (june 2003 is when you joined the email list) I had given up on the idea because of lack of feedback from the membership.

You obviously don't check the HBC email list, I've put out literally dozens of shout-outs for track nights since I started the list in 1999 & many other club members have done the same. Sometimes we ended up with a couple of dozen cars & others just 2 or 3 Buicks would show.

BTW, aside from some discussion on the Brand X Bash, the CCB & Clobberthon, how many test & tune / track outings did you try and get going when you were on the HBC list??? Actually I just did a search & can tell ya... one lonley little time on 8/14/2004!

Well Mr. God almighty EX- president how many times did I see you at the track with your car NONE ! I
Matter of fact I challenge you to Friday night to show in YOUR car ;)
I made close to 150 trips or more to the track since 2003 including Noble, Temple, angleton,HMP, HRP and not once have I ever seen you there.
Talk about a hypocrite
When is the last time you drove your car ? :rolleyes:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/hypocrite

Why resort to name calling Tim & just when did I claim to hold a belief that I don't hold as my own?

Friday, as in tonight? Sorry but I'll have to pass, I have a 2 week old son at home to take care of & HE definately gets priority over your desire to call me out. BTW, the entire reason I re-joined this board is because the birth of my son has motivated me to get the T back on the road so we can enjoy it together as he grows up.

Last time I drove the Buick? Uh, March 2004... I've never claimed my Buick has done much of anything other than sit in the garage collecting dust & gecko poo for the last 3 or so years. That'll be changing within the next few months & I've already started buying the parts to make it happen.

I'm done rehashing old arguments / discussuions about the HBC & what it has or hasn't done in the past; if anyone would like to talk about Buicks or just about anything car-fun related, I'm game, otherwise count me out.

CaptainInsane-O said:
Friday, as in tonight? Sorry but I'll have to pass, I have a 2 week old son .
That was the answer I expected :rolleyes:

Quote "Last time I drove the Buick? Uh, March 2004"
No name calling, just fact and you just proved it :wink:

Quote "You obviously don't check the HBC email list"
I have not been to the HBC Yahoo board ,Remember the other board, YOU did not want, and took a poll and the majority wanted it , the same one that took you a year of excuses to build, the same one that as Dec. of 05 was the last time officers posted on, shall I continue ?I think not

And by the way congradulations to you and wifey on the birth of your new son :)