How big is TOO BIG? (tires)

Here's the 245/50-16 fronts and 255/50-16 rear setup on my Malibu. The tires are Falkens.

840.jpg

3f0.jpg

Nice looking Malibu, I have seen ZQ8s on Montes before they look good ,anyone see what they look like on a GN?

I bet they'd look pretty good on a GN. The ZQ8's seem to look better on black cars.

OK guys, I know this probably has been answered, but I need a little peace of mind. My rear rims are according to the box are 15X8 (which is what I want), w4.75 BS, 0" off set. Was that mean? can I go with a 275/50/R15 on the rear? :confused: or should I go with 265/50/R15 to avoid rubbing? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

German

OK guys, I know this probably has been answered, but I need a little peace of mind. My rear rims are according to the box are 15X8 (which is what I want), w4.75 BS, 0" off set. Was that mean? can I go with a 275/50/R15 on the rear? :confused: or should I go with 265/50/R15 to avoid rubbing? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

German

4.75" is a lot of backspacing for an 8" wheel, I'd be careful. Risk rubbing the frame if the tires bulge out too far past the rim. In terms of appearance they might look tucked under the car too much.

Offset is the distance of the flat mounting surface of the wheel from true center.

Picture credit to 1010tires.com:

WheelOffset.jpg

Yes that can help.

Don't take my word for it though. Bolt up the wheels and tires first and see if you like how it looks. Drive it for a few days, make a few sharp turns, then take the wheels back off and see if you get any "clean" areas or scuff marks on the frame where the tires have been rubbing.

If everything looks good then don't bother with spacers.

16" StreetMaster

M&H makes a 305/40/16 diameter is 26" they are the widest DOT street/strip tire that I've found. $160 a tire.

Attachments

• 322_image.jpg
    322_image.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 303
Yes that can help.

Don't take my word for it though. Bolt up the wheels and tires first and see if you like how it looks. Drive it for a few days, make a few sharp turns, then take the wheels back off and see if you get any "clean" areas or scuff marks on the frame where the tires have been rubbing.

If everything looks good then don't bother with spacers.

Thanks Turbo6Chicago, I'm heading to the store and hopefully something will come out. :smile:

Well, here it is finally...

I put the tires on today and I like the way they look. What do you guys think? I put 225/60/R15 up front and 275/60/R15 on the rear. The car handles way much better. I have to work on the passenger side muffler pipe. It's about an inch away from the tire. The other side is good to go. Check it out!!:biggrin: More pics will be available after I wash her up and do some front end work.;)

Attachments

• DSCF2261.jpg
    DSCF2261.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 315
  • DSCF2260.jpg
    DSCF2260.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 278