how fast can a turbonetics 66-p-bb-63 take u down the track!!

66P

hi guys new to the board just wondering how fast has any one gone with this turbo with a 109 thanks for any replies .

do u know how fast grumppy went with the 66 ? and thanks for repling

With a purpose built engine it could get you up to 137-138. It's been in the 9's. I've gone 137+ but using a larger ex wheel than a p even though based on any testing I've done the ex wheel was not the limiting factor. The compressor falls off before the ex wheel at about 75lbs/min. Even the p trim with .63 isn't a real problem with that wheel. I'm about to upgrade 3 of these turbos with forged milled 67mm custom compressor wheels that will support enough to run at least 145mph. If interested PM me. You can change your user name to 67P

here is my build bison . strocked 109 k1 rods girdled champion heads 212-212 roller 60 pound inj front mount intercooler alky control dual nozzel ptc converter . thanks guys

here is my build bison . strocked 109 k1 rods girdled champion heads 212-212 roller 60 pound inj front mount intercooler alky control dual nozzel ptc converter . thanks guys
With a stock shorthblock i went 10.20's@133+ at 3:1 pressure ratio. 212/212 with less than .500 lift at the valve and good iron heads. I used a .040 compressed gasket to raise compression ratio to about 8.3:1. Ideally it would have needed 9.5:1CR and 3.3:1 PR to get the most out of it at sea level and run what i posted above. I was at 1100". Its doubtful you will be able to run it that hard on 93 alky.

ya i was told that turbo has gone 9s by a good friend . i asked jack at coottons and he told me mid to high 10s . has there been alot of guys able to dip into the 9s ?

here's a 93 alky pass from 3 years ago with a GN1 headed 9.3:1 stock stroke using the turbonetics T66. Vacuum launched on 275 tires

1.96 60
4.782 330
7.002 660
8.903 1000
10.521 1320
mph 137.45

This was 93/alky btw. Boost never exceeded 26psi

ya i was told that turbo has gone 9s by a good friend . i asked jack at coottons and he told me mid to high 10s . has there been alot of guys able to dip into the 9s ?
No. You wont find many guys dipping in to the 9's or even making enough power to do so these days. They dont have enough engine and if they do they dont have enough sac to do so. A few hardcore but thats about it. Its an outdated compressor design and its not a good one if you are only looking for mid to high 10's. The updates im doing will be used on engines that will be making 9 sec power.

runsorry should open my eyes a little more. under 26 pounds ok i thought maybe i would need at least 28 pounds to maybe run low to mid 10s . thanks again for your help

runsorry should open my eyes a little more. under 26 pounds ok i thought maybe i would need at least 28 pounds to maybe run low to mid 10s . thanks again for your help
You will need 30-32psi in good air with your engine to run high 9's. I agree with 28psi and running 10.30's if the tune and rest of the combo is sound. I run ptc 9.5" converters which help a lot. I had really good heads on that 9.3:1 engine with less then 26psi and i ran more duration at .050 . Ive recently gone faster with them on a different engine and different turbo but im not posting about it on here. With iron heads it takes more boost to get that mph with a 212 cam

i have a friend with a 67 chevelle that runs 9s talks smack alot about me and my friends buicks i would love to kick the sh#*t out of him on the track sounds like i need to upgrade some things on my car

i have a friend with a 67 chevelle that runs 9s talks smack alot about me and my friends buicks i would love to kick the sh#*t out of him on the track sounds like i need to upgrade some things on my car
You need to have a lot of disposable income to be able to run 9's

Theres always gonna be smack talkers and people with faster cars and deeper pockets.... i would build the car so you can enjoy it .... F whatever anyone else says....
....now if your goals were to build a 9 sec buick.... i'm all for it - but do it for you not because some ass is egg'n you on. Like Bison mentioned its a lot of "disposable" income to consistently run 9s... i know with the money in my car i could of dropped an LS in my car and run a lot faster..... its not all about speed for me though.

sorry for the rant.

aaron

You will need 30-32psi in good air with your engine to run high 9's. I agree with 28psi and running 10.30's if the tune and rest of the combo is sound. I run ptc 9.5" converters which help a lot. I had really good heads on that 9.3:1 engine with less then 26psi and i ran more duration at .050 . Ive recently gone faster with them on a different engine and different turbo but im not posting about it on here. With iron heads it takes more boost to get that mph with a 212 cam

Bison running the PTC converter in your opinion is how much better than a Art Carr 9' converter?

Last I check there was 2 different T66. The 6665 (P-trim) and the 6668 in the older 60's Tnetics 60 series.

T-66(65) has the smaller exhaust housing similar to the .63 Garrett. T-66(68) comes with the bigger exhaust wheel and bigger exhaust housing.

Turbows6 went 10.3 @ 128.xx with T-6665 in his TTA. From what I have read, the Bigger 66 has went 10.2 @ 134 is pretty much maxxed.

The 66 compressor wheel becomes the issue when shooting for 9's. The billet 67 comp wheel is lighter, spools faster and can make more power on the right engine.

I have the T-6665 an I am extremely happy with it and am not taking it off anytime soon :). Spools GREAT and doesn't need a lot of converter to spool due to the smaller exhaust housing.

But my goals are not 9's.

Joe

JP112_89 said:
Last I check there was 2 different T66. The 6665 (P-trim) and the 6668 in the older 60's Tnetics 60 series.

T-66(65) has the smaller exhaust housing similar to the .63 Garrett. T-66(68) comes with the bigger exhaust wheel and bigger exhaust housing.

Turbows6 went 10.3 @ 128.xx with T-6665 in his TTA. From what I have read, the Bigger 66 has went 10.2 @ 134 is pretty much maxxed.

The 66 compressor wheel becomes the issue when shooting for 9's. The billet 67 comp wheel is lighter, spools faster and can make more power on the right engine.

I have the T-6665 an I am extremely happy with it and am not taking it off anytime soon :). Spools GREAT and doesn't need a lot of converter to spool due to the smaller exhaust housing.

But my goals are not 9's.

Joe

There are more variations than that. Any 3 bolt ex housing could be found on any of them and some have the old garrett GT design large ex wheel that uses some different parts internally. Really old ones had a 76p ex wheel. There is 2 different compressor covers also. The
Smaller one will limit the potential of the compressor. With heads cam and Intercoolet low 10 sec power isnt too hard to get.

Black Air said:
Bison running the PTC converter in your opinion is how much better than a Art Carr 9' converter?

It's a lot better. The car will pick up at all points.

There are more variations than that. Any 3 bolt ex housing could be found on any of them and some have the old garrett GT design large ex wheel that uses some different parts internally. Really old ones had a 76p ex wheel. There is 2 different compressor covers also. The
Smaller one will limit the potential of the compressor. With heads cam and Intercoolet low 10 sec power isnt too hard to get.

I meant what's currently available with the cast wheel from Turbonetics. 6676 and 6680 are the older stuff...
I like the compressor cover on these sytle turbo's. Some other vendors have the stock appearing 66 which has the have TA cover and smaller "E" cover which doesn't flow as well.

Joe