how long have you owned your Turbo Buick?

I bought my car in February, 2008.

So I've had it for 6 months.

And am finally going to be registering it and taking it onto the roads! WOohooo!

Car On The Road

I bought my car in February, 2008.

So I've had it for 6 months.

And am finally going to be registering it and taking it onto the roads! WOohooo!

MINE IS REGISTERED ALREADY JUST HAVEN'T DROVE IT ATE GOT TO FIND A GOOD INSURANCE FOR IT I WANT TO PUT A FIXED PRICE. WE BOTH HAVE HAD OUR CARS FOR THE SAME TIME ENJOY IT.

When I first read about this car Christmas '85/New Year's '86 I knew I had to have one. It looked very similar to my first car (a '65 Olds 442) and it was super fast. :biggrin: I looked around at the local dealers, but the few that had one wouldn't even let you sit in it unless you put a deposit on it first :mad: Then I went to Klick-Lewis in Palmyra, PA. Home of the $49. over invoice. They had an '86 two-tone grey, T-top Limited sitting out front, so I stopped to look at it. A young salesman named Dennis came out and asked me if I would like to take it out for a test drive? "Are you kidding ??" :eek: He goes inside, and comes out with a plate and the keys. He throws the plate on the back and hands me the keys and says "see you in a half hour" !!! :eek: :eek: "and by the way, about 3 miles out on the left there is a staight road where you can really see what it can do. Just turn left at the Convent" !!! Some things you just never forget.
So in April '86 I ordered my "T" and told them to hold the order until the '87 model year. GM shipped the car 8/23/86, arrived at the dealer 8/29, but I couldn't pick it up until 9/20, because the dealer didn't get the MSO for several weeks. What a painful few weeks. I have pictures I took the day it arrived at the dealer. It still had the big foam blocks on the bumpers to protect it during shipment. List was $16,959. and I paid $15,014 ;)

MAN AM I GETTING OLD :cool:

Bought mine in June '06 from the original owner. He put 16.5K on it from '88-'96, then only 1k until 2006. He kept all of the receipts and the car was bone stock. It runs great and has responded well to my minor mods.

I've wanted one since reading about the intercooled '86-'87 but never stumbled upon the right one at the right time until I scored a few years ago.

had mine for 12 years now. it was sitting in the sun for years. got it for 2K

Picked mine up July 4th, 2002. I still remember sitting at the kitchen table an seeing the TV commercial for the 1986 GN, new then that I had to have one, I never thought it would take 16 years and an untimely death in the family. My GN belonged to my father in law, had been sitting in NC, under a pine tree for the better part of 5 years!!!! There isn't a part or bolt on the car that hasn't been replaced. I have had my moments when, I thought this thing isn't worth it, thinking I should just sell it and by a Volvo :eek: .... then I remember the moments when it is right and there isn't a better feeling in the world!!!:cool:

Like two months and I've driven it a total of about 6 miles.

Maybe one of these days I'll find a working Powermaster...

I bought mine in 1993 with a 4.1 stage I motor and a really mixed up combination.
I am the 2nd owner and i have the original bill of sale etc.
Car is an original black Turbo T Limited that i converted to a gn with a 22,000 km 87 GN that was in an accident.

Mike.

Oct 1991 for $13000. Had 21,000 miles at the time. Just under 48K now.

Didnt know until about 6 years ago that the original owner had put an old ATR
ram air kit on it, (the one that mounts in front og the IC) and swiped the posi out of the rear. Returned to posi and now have big mouth cold air kit.

Found out about the buick websites when I started having powermaster problems (accumulator/brake light flash), now have a few more grand invested.

Bought mine late January of 2008 and it's a real nice car. I worked at a Buick dealer in '85 and '86 so I drove them when they were new and tried to stay in touch with what people were doing with them through the years. A lot of my friends had them and I came real close to buying one in '88 then again in the 90's but they always remained a car I knew I had to have "one of these days". Well that day is now and I'm enjoying driving it, working on it and owning it so far.

I bought my 84GN new on July 4th! Can anyone beat that?
Conrad C.

Only owned mine since May of 87.I think i paid $12000 with no trade in.At that point it was the most expensive car i'd owned.Many happy miles out of this baby.A lot of them 1/4 mile at a time. George

I purchased my first GRAND NATIONAL New July 1985 brand new (it was stolen & totaled) 8 months later. And purchased another GRAND NATIONAL New April of 87 I still have it & I still get the thrill of driving it :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: like i just got it!

Bought my first TR from Kirbans back in early 2004. It was a hardtop '86 WH-1with 128K on it. Ran good and did the basic upgrades, as it was mostly stock. Got it to run a 12.95 on bald Goodyears on a cold November night. Then I totalled December 27, 2004. Parted it out and life went on. Then after working two jobs for 2.5yrs. straight, I bought my '86 GN off a board member in NJ. Been happy ever since. Ive done alot to the car, and still have alot left to do, but I wouldnt trade it for anything!

got mine

i traded a 83 hurst olds even for mine .back in 98 so 10 years ago .man did i lay the wood to that guy .

I bought my '86 GN September 2007, coming up on one year. I've wanted one since I saw an article when I was in high school. For 21 years I stared at them when ever I saw one. I almost got one back in 1995 but got into an accident the night before and my Dad refused to help me with the down payment because I wrecked his car while out partying the night before. Then marriage and family got in the way but finally got one last year. It's a fixer upper but runs nice, needs body work. Hopefully I will own this car for a long, long time. When ever I drive it, it takes me back to my high school years, they were good times.

I relate to people frustrated over these cars, mine had a fuel pump/pressure issue that I think I have finally fixed. Now its a blast to drive, just have to save up to fix the body, there is rust along the bottom of the car due to it sitting for 10 years under a car port in the grass.

Attachments

• DSC00026.jpg
    DSC00026.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 142