How Much HP will it make?

Looks like he needs to add a Buick emblem to his flyer........:biggrin:

Congrats again, ignore the haters. It is what it is.

naste87t, do yourself a favor and go away. You are looking like a complete douchebag for crapping on this thread.

congrats on your dyno runs,it's nice when hard work and $ come together to make some power.i for one would like to read these threads without other members commenting negatively about "if it did this and he paid his tuner that",to each his own.

i agree with Pronto,I will always be from the school that says that time at the track will tell the whole story. Saying that in no way am I doubting that the op has done or said ANYTHING I question. I certainly think paying Cal 2k to tune your car isn't a bad thing. Why hate? Hopefully his car is an absolute beast! Then we might all could learn something, instead of doubting and creating a dumb statement that you really know nothing about.

I want to get it to the track so damn bad, however, it snowed another 6+ inches yesterday... It's gonna be a few weeks still til the 1/8 mile track is open. Ill be there asap and will post the #'s. I'm VERY confident that the track #'s will match the dyno #'s.

I certainly think paying Cal 2k to tune your car isn't a bad thing.

Just to set the record straight, I charge $1000/day plus airfare. This fee is to tune as many cars as you want while I am there. I was in Seattle just before before this trip and tuned 4 cars. This makes things a lot more economical. Just like Jason, they felt they got their money's worth :) Unfortunatly for Jason, he was the only car for me to tune within 500 miles, so things get a little pricey :(

Dynos are a tuning tool. Granted some are more generous than others but their purpose in life is for tuning nontheless. I'll never understand why some keyboard jockies feel the need to come into another person's thread and try to tear them down. :confused::rolleyes:

Just to help quantify your results, I have essentially the same combo as yours in my street GN. I've never put it on a dyno but I estimate it to be putting down around 700-750hp. I say this because it runs LOW 10s all day long on 25-26psi and not a lot of timing - it will run a 9 next time we take it out. This is in a full weight car 3714#s with driver so the math works out.

Even though 850hp may be a little optimistic and a locked converter can make a slight difference, you have a nice running combo either way. You can't go wrong with Cal aka "Magic Fingers" tuning your car. Congrats.;)

Dynos are a tuning tool. Granted some are more generous than others but their purpose in life is for tuning nontheless. I'll never understand why some keyboard jockies feel the need to come into another person's thread and try to tear them down. :confused::rolleyes:

Just to help quantify your results, I have essentially the same combo as yours in my street GN. I've never put it on a dyno but I estimate it to be putting down around 700-750hp. I say this because it runs LOW 10s all day long on 25-26psi and not a lot of timing - it will run a 9 next time we take it out. This is in a full weight car 3714#s with driver so the math works out.

Even though 850hp may be a little optimistic and a locked converter can make a slight difference, you have a nice running combo either way. You can't go wrong with Cal aka "Magic Fingers" tuning your car. Congrats.;)

I agree. It pulls hard and sure it will post a # I'll be happy enough with as it's a street car, it'll never be caged and once I run the time Im looking fOr I'll turn it down to 18 and let it live q rather leisurely life. The car is cool, but, my wife is HOT! Even though she's a car lover, it's time for a new one to mess with for awhile! I've watched your threads on your car(s) closely so your educated opinion and real world experience mean a lot!!!! :cool:

XFI tuned by one of the best here in the west coast. ;)
I think he called Cal for tec support when we had my car on the dyno.Hehe
The guy running the dyno told me if i gave him more money he would sell me a dyno sheet if you want one for your car LOL.Best money i ever spent on my car was having Cal tune it.Get some of your buddy's together and split the cost for Cal to get a GOOD tune.All i can say is more great numbers from Cals tuning and congratulation

MAYBE instead of flapping your gums why don't YOU tell us how YOU have done better !!?? :p And I thought winter was over :biggrin:

I cant flap my gums because I still have all my teeth intact, perhaps your comment applies more to you who wears dentures. :D now please stay on the east section and go flap your dentures over there. :p

I think he called Cal for tec support when we had my car on the dyno.Hehe

when my car was on the dyno my guy never got on the phone or called anybody during, you must be confusing me with somebody else. :confused:

when my car was on the dyno my guy never got on the phone or called anybody during, you must be confusing me with somebody else. :confused:

SOOOOO what did your car do ?? :confused: I can't stand the suspense :p What did YOUR car do at the track ??

First off. Congrats on the big power you made on the dyno.

I have a hard time believing the numbers on these motors too. But my car weights 3,660 and has run a 10.43 at 130. 23.5 psi. And my combo is in my sig.
I got all the time slips to prove it. These motors kick ass. Why anyone would shut you down is beyond me. Who's team is he on anyway. :D

And ps. I think we all saw my friend Joe D.'s video of his car. Driving to the track.

He's running a stock lower end 109 with a 70mm turbo, fast, gn1 heads, stock intake etc. His car has ran a scorching 9.7? in the quarter. You mean to tell me he isn't making over 700 hp. His car weights over 3,500 lbs.

SOOOOO what did your car do ?? :confused: I can't stand the suspense :p What did YOUR car do at the track ??

My numbers are more realistic grumpy, 591rwhp 24psi, 20* timing with a badly slipping transmision., the car has been 106 in the 1/8 mile with a 1.79 sixty. ;) the only thing i got over LH8TH8R is fully ported GN1 heads, solid roller, 70hps dbb billet wheels with 4 bolt housing, I am just doubting his dyno numbers because its almost impossible to get that high with low timing and low boost, but like you said before there is more way to skin a cat and his combo could be working for him, I am very curious to see his timeslip when he gets it, that will tell us the full truth, at 730rwhp he should be able to run at least low 6's in the 1/8 at over 110mph.

FYI my car only weights 3,100pnds without me in it.

My numbers are more realistic grumpy, 591rwhp 24psi, 20* timing with a badly slipping transmision., the car has been 106 in the 1/8 mile with a 1.79 sixty. ;) the only thing i got over LH8TH8R is fully ported GN1 heads, solid roller, 70hps dbb billet wheels with 4 bolt housing, I am just doubting his dyno numbers because its almost impossible to get that high with low timing and low boost, but like you said before there is more way to skin a cat and his combo could be working for him, I am very curious to see his timeslip when he gets it, that will tell us the full truth, at 730rwhp he should be able to run at least low 6's in the 1/8 at over 110mph.

FYI my car only weights 3,100pnds without me in it.

You are comparing your numbers with a badly slipping transmission to his combo with a brand new Stage 3 Extreme Auto? 10%-15% of your power is lost through a great working transmission so you are probably easily losing 30%+ with a badly slipping one!
What kind of drugs are you on man? Can you honestly tell me that with the amount of people here backing up these numbers, you still feel the need to run your mouth off? Do you even own a car? If you are having that much trouble making power with your combo, maybe you need to take a step back and some time out to go over your car with someone that KNOWS what they are doing and maybe then they can tell you what YOU are doing wrong. That should take up most of the spare time you spend here criticizing other people for their accomplishments! Karma is a bitch and clearly its working in the correct ways here!

Let's try and keep this thread about the the TS's accomplishments and out of the Magic Kingdom.