how to do bodywork

here is what the pearl looks like. its like a powder. i couldnt get any good shot of the pear finished because i dont know how to turn off the flash. but as you can see the pearl only show up in the light. so the bike is black in darker light and in bright light its blue. i will have to post pics when i get the bike back together in a few days. this is a great custom thing you can do on the cheap.

Attachments

• SDC10280.jpg
    SDC10280.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 467
  • SDC10276.jpg
    SDC10276.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 467
  • SDC10266.jpg
    SDC10266.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 492
great work man I might try the carbon fiber trick if you dont mind man.

great work man I might try the carbon fiber trick if you dont mind man.

i dont mind i'm just trying to help everyone out. if you do any airbrush work try to add some how to pictures step by step. i have had a hard time getting body men to help post how to do things.

I will post up some when I get back out to it man for sure.

just to let everyone know i have spent over twelve houres on that panel and i still have not finished it. as you can see by the top edge of the door. this is a very labor intensive skill. it takes alot of time but it saves you big $$ if you commit the time you will evently finish. if anyone has any questions PM me or post it in the thread(i may have left something out that need more detail on accident).. if anyone want to add there bodyworking stuff to this thread it is ok. i think jase (flintbuickforlife) might add some things too. BTW i am looking for broken or cracked up header panels that can be donated. so i can use it to show people how to fix fiberglass. as long as you have all the parts that broke off i can fix it. even if its split in half.i am also looking for donated broken, cracked, or split front or back bumper fillers, so i can show you guys how to fix plastic parts. the same as above as long as most of the broken parts are there i can fix it. i live in IL if that helps everyone. i am going to add more over time but this is what i have so far. as i work on more and more cars this thread should grow.
I can donate my header panel so you can show people how to remove the emblem and fill in the hole...:biggrin: but i need it back:tongue:

mud work

Hey Matt you need to show them more on how to use mud. That is where most newbys have the hardest time. By not sanding enoughoff or not smearing far away enough from the dents . Great post Mike

Hey Matt you need to show them more on how to use mud. That is where most newbys have the hardest time. By not sanding enoughoff or not smearing far away enough from the dents . Great post Mike

when it warms up i will. if you want to post info you can, i have been having a hard time finding people to post.

I should have posted some pics when I fixed my friends Camaro last summer. Someone hit the quarter panel in a Wal-Mart parking lot and took off, it also had a rust spot, cracked fiberglass fender, the hood had spray paint from my friend trying to touch it up... looked terrible:biggrin: The front end was all badly uneven, straightening that out was the hardest part. After some subs, amps, better alt and $300 3" dual exhaust on a 3.4L... a month later, someone stole it:mad: We saw him a week later driving it and chased him through Flint in the Regal:eek:(no help from the pigs:mad:) but like always, we had to stop for gas:rolleyes: Anyways, I will post when I color sand and fix the hood on the Regal... not sure when that will be tho, having a rough time right now.

I know,I need to know how to use MUD to..:biggrin:

Joe, I love the valve covers. Looks like you are a true artist. I am also in Mass. If you ever need a GN to practice on ....:D

covers

Joe, I love the valve covers. Looks like you are a true artist. I am also in Mass. If you ever need a GN to practice on ....:D

glad to see someone else liking my work i sold those valve covers to a friend and now i am going to to something else on some different valve covers.These will be better then those.I will post them when i get them done.

Sorry Joe but it goes both ways. Send a PM and let's just keep this a place about how you did it and not you want me to...:smile:

glad to see someone else liking my work i sold those valve covers to a friend and now i am going to to something else on some different valve covers.These will be better then those.I will post them when i get them done.

post how you do them. like a step by step thing. i really need people to post how they do things.

hey guys fairly new to the site ive been into body work for years now pretty much grew up in one...(my dads been in the buisness for 30+ yrs now)im 28 and recently got my first gn (many gbodies in the past tho mostly cutlass supreme)this is a great site with lots of knowlegable people with great ideas. well looking foward to chiming in on some of my experence and progress on my new project will be posting some pics this week of the gn . any way heres a site of a few projects from the past...the most recent is the 67 gto and the last one was the 59 belair 4door to 2door conversion...check it out you guys will like it thanks mike here it is jobba7234's Stuff :::::: VUVOX