How to slow a GN down and make it worth less

Some thing is fishy that VIN provided has a 7 engine code...:confused:

Probably black market parts on there.

it thought he may have made a typing error and meant born a v6 car, but still. It took alot of work to make it "look" cool, and it just makes me sick seeing that, that, that hideous creature under the hood of what should be beautiful piping and turbo stuff. It's like a hot chick flashing you and instead getting balled:eek: Ok, maybe not that bad...I remember a guy in my hometown in Kentucky who had a GN that someone had done a v8 switcharoo on, he thought it was cool, but he was also a nutbar.

if you read the ad he says it was borna V8 car. it was never a GN just has GN parts on it.

He says it was born a V-8 car but yet if that vin# he provides is correct then it started lif off as a turbo car because it has the vin code 7 which was for the 87 turbo cars.

Some thing is fishy that VIN provided has a 7 engine code...:confused:

Probably black market parts on there.

He says it was born a V-8 car but yet if that vin# he provides is correct then it started lif off as a turbo car because it has the vin code 7 which was for the 87 turbo cars.

Go back, and re-read the auction again. You guys keep missing one thing.

Eighth digit is Y=Olds 307" V-8 engine. Ninth digit IS a 7, but I don't know what it representes.

it thought he may have made a typing error and meant born a v6 car, but still. It took alot of work to make it "look" cool, and it just makes me sick seeing that, that, that hideous creature under the hood of what should be beautiful piping and turbo stuff. It's like a hot chick flashing you and instead getting balled:eek: Ok, maybe not that bad...I remember a guy in my hometown in Kentucky who had a GN that someone had done a v8 switcharoo on, he thought it was cool, but he was also a nutbar.
looks like a nice reliable driver to me. the TPI motor might not be the fastest thing ever, but they make great torque and will run forever with minimal maintainance.
if it was a plain jane Monte that had all the SS stuff added to it with the very same drivetrain, what would you think of the car then?

ha ha! That's pretty funny!

BUT-
I would love to see a GN with either a heavily Modified Cobra 03/04 Insides, or a Corvette LS7 with a Supercharger!!! :cool:

Guess some people won't like what I'm doing with one of my GN's. It's a 85 and the motor is pretty tired. So I'm putting in a 427SB along with a TH400 and a Moser 9".

I messed up on my counting of the vin as well and thought the 7 was in the correct place for a turbo motor but it is one spot in front of the engine code. My bad.

good eye 85grandnation and 87gta ;)

and cragar, a 427 SMALL block? i thought all 427 motors were big blocks, except the new LS7 out of this years ZO6, which is a 427 small block. oh well, at any rate, if I had a grand national that threw a rod, and I had the money, the LS7 would be the VERY first engine I'd run to, for a replacement. Though Id keep the full stock exhaust on it. I hate loud V8's. Plus it wouldnt sound right coming from a GN.

I don't know why people don't pull the backseat and hang a piece of black fabric over that yellow foam when they remove the sound deadener. Just looks bad; I fixed mine that way.

and cragar, a 427 SMALL block? i thought all 427 motors were big blocks, except the new LS7 out of this years ZO6, which is a 427 small block. oh well, at any rate, if I had a grand national that threw a rod, and I had the money, the LS7 would be the VERY first engine I'd run to, for a replacement. Though Id keep the full stock exhaust on it. I hate loud V8's. Plus it wouldnt sound right coming from a GN.

Can build em in small blocks now, motown heads with somthing like 220 cc runners 208 intake and 1.8 exhaust. pushin 500 hp and equal gob of torque.

vortec.jpg

Myself I took a nickle block and built a 302 with bowtie fastburns and put it in the 61:biggrin:

Mine is a Motown block which can go to 434. Some aftermarket blocks can go to 454.

if it makes anyone feel better, i pulled a small block from my monte carlo and replaced it with a turbo regal motor. kinda like retaliation for the regal?

:biggrin: