HV oil pump in low 10 car 6k rpm +

Six_Silver

I have a hv timing cover and want to know if I am going to be sucking the pan dry when spinning the motor in the low 6k range. Are any of the tsm guys running hv covers or are they all stock with the booster plate? I dont want to replace my timing cover if I dont have to, but will for the motor's sake if needed.

how mucj oil do you run in it?
with a stock pan i was running about 6 quarts and was fine

I was running about 6 quarts but have the PTE turbo saver and the filter and lines for it take about 1 1/2 extra over stock. So I guess the pan would be filled to the stock level.

Just over full mark on dip stick

I'am and i run 6 quarts i just go over the full mark on level ground on the dip stick you should be fine.Alway check it before you make a pass to make sure its full.

I have a HV pump forever. Never had a problem. But I was wiping the bearing material off my mains with my latest motor leaving an empty lower shell face, expecially on the thrust. Replaced main bearings four times trying to fix the problem. I thought there was some problem in relation to the crank and block. Removed my turbo saver, went to track and made nine passes, no more problems. No more problem in another 10K miles of driving.