Hyrdaboost. What cars?

V6UnderPressure

The Artist FKA Scott4DMny
I was reading that some people got Hydraboost conversions from different cars in the junkyard. Are there any direct fit for the GN?

81-85 regals cutlass grand prix with diesel engines i just did this conversion to my 87 gn with a 85 gn hydroboost you can buy these off the board or reman from napa 81-83 cars have the reserve cylinder 84-85 cars dont

Mr Wrath...

Did you use stock 85 GN hose or make your own?

What is the reserve cylinder on the 81-83 system?

dave

What is the reserve cylinder on the 81-83 system?

I think he means accumulator. It would be a silver cylinder mounted on the booster. I've never seen the accumulator on a G-body HB. I've got one off a 83 carb turbo that I'm going to use someday and it doesn't have it. It's not really needed IMO.

I was surprised yesterday to find a hydroboost on a 2000 Dodge 3500 pickup. Non-diesel but it sure had it.

Newer Mustangs, Jeep Cherokee, and GM one tons use the hydroboost style system. But my 95 F350 Stroker doesn't. :confused:

I pulled a hydroboost set up off of a 85 turbo car in the junk yard. It has the gold accumulator or what ever it is. says compressed gas on it. I plan on installing it this coming year. maybe it was older?

Look at the astro vans and grab that unit ,you have to swap out the mounting plate with a power master plate . then get the shortest pedal rod they make or cut and re-weld the stock astro rod , then get some new PS hose adapters and one new power steering hose. I did this about a year ago and have about $200.00 into the whole project and the holding power is awsome ,and overall braking is so much better.