I cant take these F**KING cars anymore

graza002

Nucking Futs
Like Phil I am pretty much done with this crap.....:mad: :mad: :mad:

Once again, Effing cooling issue. There is nothing else I can test, check or replace, its all been done.

Today I drove the car for about 2 hours in stop and go traffic. Everything was fine, a cool 168 degrees.

I parked the car for 4 hours, to come out and drive it again. I checked the coolant level, and it was a little low so I added water. I started the car and drove off, two blocks away from my house my temp was 240 degrees and climbing. :mad: :mad: :mad:

What the HELL?! Someone please inform me of what I am missing here!!!!

Once again, Effing cooling issue. There is nothing else I can test, check or replace, its all been done.

Today I drove the car for about 2 hours in stop and go traffic. Everything was fine, a cool 168 degrees.

I parked the car for 4 hours, to come out and drive it again. I checked the coolant level, and it was a little low so I added water. I started the car and drove off, two blocks away from my house my temp was 240 degrees and climbing. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Go away its my turn to complain

-----------------------------------
Don't park this one in Long Beach either. J/K, Andrew, I hope that you get everything straightened out.

my best guess........

fans not working, or thermostat sticking,

you want me to come take it off your hands?
I'll take good care of it,LOL

someday you'll laugh at the problem, but until then you just scream!:mad:

crack head or block :confused:

I am going with your guess, I really dont want to but its beginning to become more evident.

The fans work great, when I pulled the car in the garage the fans were running, and the air off the fans were cool.

My other guess is that the t-stat failed, which is hard to believe cause its new and I tested it. The electronics also work (ie the sending units) I do have other ones so I will replace them again with the newer ones.

I just dont get it.

The coolant is disappearing...where is it going?

Pull a plug or check your oil for a head gasket blown. Or take off a breather and look inside, see if it looks like chocolate milk. OR maybe your heater core is leaking, check the carpet by the ECM.

When you add water/coolant, leave the rad cap off and top it off while the car is running, heater on. This'll bleed the air out of the system. The level will go up and down, but when it gets hot it'll level out, then top it off once more and re-cap it.

Pull a plug or check your oil for a head gasket blown. Or take off a breather and look inside, see if it looks like chocolate milk. OR maybe your heater core is leaking, check the carpet by the ECM.

When you add water/coolant, leave the rad cap off and top it off while the car is running, heater on. This'll bleed the air out of the system. The level will go up and down, but when it gets hot it'll level out, then top it off once more and re-cap it.

Thanks, The heater core is bypassed, so no issue there. There is no water in the oil, no milky oil off the breathers or oil cap. I have added fluid just like you stated, I do that all the time, and when I do it like that the overflow bottle just fills up and overflows.

t-stat sticking is my guess. sometimes u get one that works for a few months then takes a crap

Hmmm before I take the heads off the car I will try to torque the head bolts. MAybe its just that. I am beginning to think there is a crack in the heads or block just because there has been a temp problem ever since the motor was rebuilt.

what?

Quote "The fans work great, when I pulled the car in the garage the fans were running, and the air off the fans were cool. "

if air is cool , means water isn't circulating
air should be warm/hot, you are NOT getting circulation of the water,
pull the thermostat, try another, or run with out ( for now)
drill 3/16 hole in edge of new one, (in case it sticks)
over heating will push water into over flow , check your cap, it is a 16 lb cap , right?