I did a stupid thing.

nvr2late

My car is set up to run 94 octane. In error I filled it with 91. It's a short ride home from the station so I haven't noticed any change in drivability. What should I expect once I drive it next time?

nothing its fine. throw some additive in there if it makes u feel better. wats mods do u hav?

Nothing just drive it. I'd stay out of boost if you don't have Alky and or pull some timing until you get better fuel.

nothing its fine. throw some additive in there if it makes u feel better. wats mods do u hav?
My motor is balanced and blueprinted. Heads ported and polished. 206/206 cam, precision turbo and inter cooler, 3" pipe. Flowmaster exhaust.

No alky but I've been thinking of it. Is it recommended? Not likely to take it to the track but I do like the shock and awe factor on the street.

Nothing it's fine? How do you figure that? Three full octane points are huge when it comes to octane ratings. AS LONG AS you can FULLY stay out of boost, then you can drive it, but what do you do when you're forced to hit it during a traffic event like passing, or getting out of someone's way? Though, I'm not sure how someone can make a three full point octane fuel mistake. How did you not know? What chip do you have? If you have an adjustable chip, put the timing back to stock and turn the boost all the way down. How much boost is your car currently running now?

(and your motorcycle has 650 horse? how?)

Nothing it's fine? How do you figure that? Three full octane points are huge when it comes to octane ratings. AS LONG AS you can FULLY stay out of boost, then you can drive it, but what do you do when you're forced to hit it during a traffic event like passing, or getting out of someone's way? Though, I'm not sure how someone can make a three full point octane fuel mistake. How did you not know? What chip do you have? If you have an adjustable chip, put the timing back to stock and turn the boost all the way down. How much boost is your car currently running now?

Aren't you being a bit dramatic ... are you saying he can't run the boost upto 12 psi on 91 ?? come on lets keep it real here .. he doesn't have alky and runs it on 94 normally.. so how much boost can he really run !

to the OP ... nothing will happen .. drive the car just don't hold it WOT in the higher gears or for very long.. run the 91 out and put 94 back in...

Or put a few gallons of 100 Octane in it and offset the 91 :)

u sound like fukn retard. STFU!

With your mods you'll see some real "shock and awe" with alky and the boost turned up. Just drive it normal staying at low boost until you run it down. You've got a Scanmaster right?

If you've got E-85 in the area add 3 gallons. It will raise the octane rating and keep you out of trouble. This will give you time to find an alky kit without damaging the engine. Without any changes you can add up to 20% E-85 without changing anything.;)

If you've got E-85 in the area add 3 gallons. It will raise the octane rating and keep you out of trouble. This will give you time to find an alky kit without damaging the engine. Without any changes you can add up to 20% E-85 without changing anything.;)
Not a good idea, once he plays with E85 his world will be changed for ever. ;)

Back in '86 my now ex wife put regular gas in my GN and I found out when I made a blast up an on ramp to the expressway . The car stumbled badly and I knew right away what she did , so I went straight to the auto parts store and bought 104 octane boost . That took care of the problem instantly and never let her drive it again !

Burn 5 gallons then put a can of vp100 in , or 1 pint of Torco or boostane will bring 10/gal up +4 points to 95 oct.

Back in '86 my now ex wife put regular gas in my GN and I found out when I made a blast up an on ramp to the expressway . The car stumbled badly and I knew right away what she did , so I went straight to the auto parts store and bought 104 octane boost . That took care of the problem instantly and never let her drive it again !
We know now what was the reason for the divorce.

Aren't you being a bit dramatic ... are you saying he can't run the boost upto 12 psi on 91 ?? come on lets keep it real here .. he doesn't have alky and runs it on 94 normally.. so how much boost can he really run !

to the OP ... nothing will happen .. drive the car just don't hold it WOT in the higher gears or for very long.. run the 91 out and put 94 back in...

Or put a few gallons of 100 Octane in it and offset the 91 :)

12 psi? Sure, but that's not what I was talking about. I was talking about if he either forgets, or accelerates too hard and goes full boost, he may damage something.

Don't worry, he won't damage the engine, GNBrett says so. 91? 94? It's cool, it's all the same shit anyhow right? No worries. Like I said, to avoid damage, pull your boost and timing down if your chips adjustable and you'll be ok. If you can't, throw some xylene or toluene in to raise the octane. The way to mix is here http://www.gnttype.org/techarea/misc/octanebooster.html