I miss these days!!

Thats for sure John. Things just seem to get worse with newer generations. It's amazing the cushioned life todays kids have. Someday it will catch up. There will be no one left who knows how to do anything. Once the old timers are gone and there is no one left to fix all the worlds crap, maybe they will get up off their ass.

I hear there is good demand for service people right now. Mechanics, welders, hvac guy's, etc. Going to be hard to teach these kids anything while they are texting and twitting. The other problem is they don't want to learn. :rolleyes:

None of them will be able to fix ANYTHING because all their thumbs are going to be messed up from all the game playing and tweeting.

Remember when our moms use to give you a $1.00 and you rode your bike to town to get 2 loves of bread. then you got to keep the penny for the gumball machine.

i remember the bluechip stamp book and buying stuff from the dc comic books

Yes I was part of the last of this dying breed, and some of the things here I actually remembered...though I think we had 5 TV channels but no remote.

In addition....

We didn't get cable TV until '86, and then the cable tuner was a box that sat on top of the TV that had 36 channels. Didn't get our first remote controlled TV until later that year when my grandpa died and it was given to us in the will. Before that we never had more than 1 TV.

Still remember A Team came on Tues nights on NBC, Fall Guy Wed nights ABC, Magnum PI Thurs nights on CBS and Dukes Of Hazzard Fri nights on CBS. Then on the weekends Star Trek reruns and Incredible Hulk reruns would air on Sunday mornings on I think CBS. CHiPs was on Sat I think.

First microwave dad got for mom in Christmas 1985.

We listed to music on a Capehart stereo with built in 8 track until early 80's when dad got a nice Pioneer SX-780 home stereo with Teac single tape deck and a Sony record player. Didn't get our first CD player until mid 90's.

I forget when we got our first cordless phone...it was in the 80's I think. Before that we had an old rotary dial phone.

Dad drove a 71 Nova 2 dr HT with no a/c and no power brakes. (it did have power steering) Mom drove a 67 Chevelle 4 door with no power anything r a/c. Then we got a 75 Ford truck that was also a no power anything six banger 3 on the tree. I still remember us driving down I-465 in Indianapolis in a booster seat, that I'd get out of the seat and stand straight up on the floor board. At the end of the 80's dad finally bought a 78 Chevy 1/2 ton with a/c and mom got a 79 Cutlass.

Used to ride my bicycle everywhere. I had to be home by XX time. No cell phones then, and I think beepers were just coming of age then. Back then the little town nearby everyone knew everyone and there was a small grocery store that's still there now. Sadly some new housing additions have popped up, now you see new people and you DON'T know any them.

In the house we lived in, didn't have central air until the mid 90's; before our a/c was a Montgomery Ward window unit that ran on 220 VAC and it did a very good job keeping the house cool. For a furnace we had an oil furnace that we'd buy heating fuel just before every winter from the local Marathon just up the road.

Speaking of the Marathon up the road, this gas station still had the "drive up" full service gas pumps and the "ding ding" cord...the attendant who was probably changing brakes on the car in the garage would stop, come out, fill your tank, offer to clean your glass and check under hood fluids. This is probably the only real full service station I actually remember in the 80's as most other stations were self service by then. I think I remember I used to piss off the attendants by steeping on the "ding ding" cord just to make it go off.

You guys sound old. I'll bet you all drive Buicks.

I remember fishing for brim and sun fish during summer break. Blowing stuff up with M80's.