I need a cat :(

Adrian87

Does anyone have a catted pipe I can use to pass emissions or even buy from you? I have the Hooker system with test pipe in place. One more year until no emissions testing :mad:

Thanks,

Adrian

Depending on where you go some places are already doing nothing but safety on the 87's ?

There has been a few guys here in the DFW area reporting this with there 87's.

Not sure how to find them. I had to pay a dude $100 last year to 'hook me up.' Everyone I've seen puts the probes in the tail pipes.

Not sure how to find them. I had to pay a dude $100 last year to 'hook me up.' Everyone I've seen puts the probes in the tail pipes.

I have passed emissions in the past with no cat. If you have a good tune it can be done. Of course if they look underneath it won't matter anyway.

At the time I was running a gutted cat so the visual was no problem and it passed.
I have even come close with 116 in the tank and no cat on 27 degrees of timing. I was set in kill mode and my buddy wanted to see what it would do on the dyno. It failed but it was very very close.

It will be in the shops computer that it's only due for a safety only inspection. I would call a couple of shops and ask before stressing over a cat. Got mine in March with no problems.;)

Mike

Adrian,

Hit me up, I've got a cat you can borrow and I'm in Cedar Park, we'll have to weld some tube and flanges onto it but I've got a MIG so that won't be an issue.

Paul
970-4464

Did you end up needing a cat?

I need to get my car inspected and have a cat (off the car) and would love to not have to put it back on. it will be for sale once I am done with it. If used with my old DP it doesn't need any welding if you still have the stock style 'collector' that the cat bolts on to.