IAC Removal

Well it looks like it was the IAC Valve although i think my IAC's should be a little higher (fully warmed up IAC's are 10-15). Got my replacement at NAPA for 60$. RPM is steady and low at 750 compared to 1300 with the same screw setting. Gonna go through the procedure later but at least its getting counts above zero now. Really don't see anything on the old one that would have prevented it from seating.

The GN I currently own had cold idle issues when I purchased it. After trying to adjust it , clean it, adjust it some more I finally picked up a new IAC from Advance Auto and swapped them out. Problem gone. Glad you solved your issue. Idle issues can be a pain.

All electrical parts eventually go bad no matter how many miles are on them. Sure you can take them out and clean / reset them to see if that helps. But it's usually after the problem has happened with them and it's to late.

The current replacement parts we buy are no where near the quality that came from the factory on our cars and don't last nearly as long. I know i have changed every sensor and electrical component at least twice in the past 8 years from them going bad and i don't drive the car that much or put a lot of miles on it,usually i put about 500 miles per year average.

The last iac valve i replaced, i bought it off ebay in August for $19.95 shipped. It is a Standard brand part number AC1.