If I Put Akly On ?

84GNGary

Long Time Owner
I understand all the good that can come out of adding Razors kit to a HA car, just by reading what a lot of you have been saying about it. Let me say that I am not trying to make a strip car and I am not going to race it. I really have no time goal in mind just to have it run stronger and not worry about knock.

My question is what would I realistically expect to see on a pretty much stock engine. I would add an adjustable wastegate and see if I could safely get 20 lbs of boost with a good tune.

The other question is would I have to upgrade anything else because of the addition of alky?

You can see in my signature that I have just the basis mods now and I would like to keep it that way.

Check out the thread under General Buick Teck- Best bang for your buck.

Gary- You can get to 20 ibs boost on 93 octane. The kit is easy to install. The hardest part is installing the nozel on the turbo adapter. This requires removing the turbo. The only conversion is getting a new TT chip programmed for alky.

I would not be surprised if the ALky dropped you time from a 15 qtr to a 14 qtr with the right tune, It get expensive after this. Brad

Thanks Brad, glad to hear I don't have to replace the injectors. I will probaly just send them out to be cleaned and flow checked while the turbo is off. The only other thing I seen was Juilo recommended replaceing the original timing chain.

Gary- The only thing that needs to be replaced is the fiberglass timing gear. It wears out overtime. Get a steel one. This was the first thing my mechanic replaced. Brad

Thanks Brad, glad to hear I don't have to replace the injectors. I will probaly just send them out to be cleaned and flow checked while the turbo is off. The only other thing I seen was Juilo recommended replaceing the original timing chain.

If you're going to replace it I suggest a double roller. Too much install work to go cheap. Just my 2 cents worth.:smile:

Imo

For the price of cleaning stock inj. you could buy a used set of 42.5 (before you have a chip burnt.).

20 PSI should be no problem on Razors kit i ran 24 on my old TA-33C, with my non progressive 2 stage cooling mist kit, and i had alot of room left for added timing. also go with the 42.5 009s, you will like the results, and after you go alky you wont go back!

,Dan

I installed Julio's kit last year but never got a chance to tune it. I liked what I saw though...just even after a rough tune. Figure I'm buyin' a decent scan tool now....