Injectors...80's or 120's ??

dynoman

TurboBuick.Com Supporter!
I'm converting to E85 , installed Racetronix 340 double pumper & fuel line kit and I'm trying to decide on injector size. I have 72lb injectors installed now and will be getting a wideband chip from TT, looking for 10.5 capable set up. Thanks Sam

I was thinking ...not much difference from 72's to 80's but it seems like most like the 80's. How is the "street manners" of the 120's compared to 80's

Two of my Buddies run the 120s with the two in tank pumps on street cars They said the 120s are fine Maybe they will see this thread and chime in

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Thanks, I guess I'll go with the 120's and leave a little room to grow. I was worried about low speed manners & idling .

Idle is just as good with 120s. Just get the 120 and you'll be good for quite some time

No problems with 120's & Dual Racetronix 340lph pumps here.

I was running out on #79's with a Racetronix DP w/ Aeromotive 340's (-8 &-6) & a TE60 with stock heads and cam (bout 93% IDC). I have 120's ready to go in as soon as the rest is ready. A few here will say you CAN get in the 10's on 80's but look at the rest of the post above me...

When you were at 93% DC What was your ET and MPH?

I'm converting to E85 , installed Racetronix 340 double pumper & fuel line kit and I'm trying to decide on injector size. I have 72lb injectors installed now and will be getting a wideband chip from TT, looking for 10.5 capable set up. Thanks Sam
I think . . . . :rolleyes:

120s if you have the modified ECM.
80s with stock ECM and raise fuel pressure to 50.

I have a modified ECM.....ordering 120's & a E85 wideband chip from Turbo Tweak tonite....thanks guys for the input.

When you were at 93% DC What was your ET and MPH?

Best was 7.23 @ 93 in the 1/8th with a 1.52 60'
Average was about a 7.3x @ 92/93 with 1.55 60'

Good to know You need 99 100 mph in the eight for 11 flat 10.90s pretty much

I am switching to E85 too and trying to learn as much as I can about this stuff. I ordered the 80's and thought they were fine for mid 10's. Did
I get false info?

I wouldn't try 80's at mid 10's, even if they get you there (I doubt it, my 72's wouldn't get me anywhere they maxed out before 21 psi on a mid 10 second car) you would have no room to grow.

BTW my 120's idle better than my 72's did.

I wouldn't try 80's at mid 10's, even if they get you there (I doubt it, my 72's wouldn't get me anywhere they maxed out before 21 psi on a mid 10 second car) you would have no room to grow.

BTW my 120's idle better than my 72's did.

I'm still quite confused by this... if I'm at 65-70% duty cycle running just about 10 flat. How can 80's not be enough for at least mid-10's? I'm really curious cause I think I'm in the safe zone still, but I keep reading most threads in this section and all say 80s aren't enough.... Of course there's other variables. Has anyone that's actually run deep in the 10's with 80's switched over and ran out do you know?

I'm still quite confused by this... if I'm at 65-70% duty cycle running just about 10 flat. How can 80's not be enough for at least mid-10's? I'm really curious cause I think I'm in the safe zone still, but I keep reading most threads in this section and all say 80s aren't enough.... Of course there's other variables. Has anyone that's actually run deep in the 10's with 80's switched over and ran out do you know?

On e85?? I find that hard to swallow, as 696 said he ran out of injector in the low 11's with 79's and I can guarantee he had ample fuel supply.