Injectors...80's or 120's ??

Then I'm confused...120's are MUCH bigger than 80's...much bigger jump then say 60's to 80's.

I'm using 80's at low 10's with room to grow (80s/83s) have been 140mph on race gas.. continue to be curious why they aren't enough for mid-10's at 125-128mph.

On e85?? I find that hard to swallow, as 696 said he ran out of injector in the low 11's with 79's and I can guarantee he had ample fuel supply.

This is assuming he wasn't rich? What type of engine management. Is there any error rate in different types of data loggers, etc. Maybe we need to do this in reverse. This is just stuck in my head. Maybe someone on E85 needs to switch to race gas and vice versa. I guess just need to take the plunge and see for myself.

E85 requires 30% more fuel Comparing race gas to e85 is apples to oranges

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

This is assuming he wasn't rich? What type of engine management. Is there any error rate in different types of data loggers, etc. Maybe we need to do this in reverse. This is just stuck in my head. Maybe someone on E85 needs to switch to race gas and vice versa. I guess just need to take the plunge and see for myself.

When I first started tinkering with E85 I had 55's and alky. I turned off the alky and lowered the boost to try a 70/30 then 50/50 mix with 93. I could feel a change in the car but maxed out fuel in the TT chip.

Next go round I popped in some 80s, a TT 110 chip and maxed it out in fuel and raised the base fuel pressure to get the car to drive and idle nice. This was with a 67 GTQ from Chopper. DC went over 100% on the Powerlogger a few times on Highway blast at 20 psi. I know this was 11.2 range in et.

I then went to 160's and the TT SD chip.

I will be trying 80s in a stocker later this week and 60's and alky in a Champion Iron 6776 car next week. The thing is, neither car has a Powerlogger or wideband. So... I will be using the Scanmaster and crossed finger method. Then I may switch the injectors in the cars to see how that goes.

Last edited:
This was with an 11.6 A/F in 3/4th using a Powerlogger. Kip has these same #79 injectors in a car running 10.0 on race fuel and when I first switched over to E-85 we figured these #79 would be enough due to his car...not exactly the case. If someone HAS #79's or 80's I would say by all means try them BUT if someone was buying NEW then I would buy bigger than you think. This is based on what I have done and seen.

E85 requires 30% more fuel Comparing race gas to e85 is apples to oranges

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Yes of course.. I looked at and I'm at 70% duty cycle on a 10.1x run at 134mph. Add 30% more fuel and that puts me at 91%.. That is running low 10's if the objective is only 10.50's then we'd be below 90% duty cycle. But YES, I just need to try this myself and see. I will report back if any different.

Yes of course.. I looked at and I'm at 70% duty cycle on a 10.1x run at 134mph. Add 30% more fuel and that puts me at 91%.. That is running low 10's if the objective is only 10.50's then we'd be below 90% duty cycle. But YES, I just need to try this myself and see. I will report back if any different.

Try driving the injectors with the fuel system not DC ... 80's have been mid 10's on E85 .. and in the 10's regularly ... you just can't expect to be all in with the DC to get there .. which in reality actually helps certain injectors.. in particular the siemens 80's

So consensus is 120s?
I am in process of converting so I can report difference
I am 60-70% duty cycle at 140 mph and 9.50 to 9.60 on 96lbs
I notice most of you are double pumpers?
I am setting up my car 96s to 120s but my 1100a pump says no e85

Any in tank single pumps for mid 10 seconds E85?

Nice thing about the 80s is if you don't like E-85 they idle well enough on gas that you can go back! Correct your chip for the use chosen and look at the results.............. also easier to re-sell if you choose a different approach.

Nice thing about the 80s is if you don't like E-85 they idle well enough on gas that you can go back! Correct your chip for the use chosen and look at the results.............. also easier to re-sell if you choose a different approach.

Not to mention the run on a stock ECM.. have better idle quality, driveablity, linearity, and can support enough power to destroy most stock type shortblocks with ease.

or you can just run 200 # injectors now so you can "grow into" them when you eventually run 7's

The fuel energy constant of E85 is .68 which is 32% less than gasoline which is 1.0, but that's not how you calculate it.

The fuel energy constant of gasoline is 1.0 which is 47% more than .68 (E85) This is how much more fuel you will need if converting to E85.

At least I think that's how it works, my conversion went just as I thought it would.