Intercoolers..

mnm99

Hey everyone... I was looking for a site to give me some info on intercoolers and I was pionted your way. I'm the past I owned a mustang that I Procharged with there intercooler. I now own a 68 Camaro Convertible and am supercharging it also. The problem is I don't want to pay over $1000 for their intercooler ATI sells. What / Who do you guys reccommend for a intercooler that will be able to push around 15 pounds of boost? I found some on Ebay for around $200 ,but don't know how good they are.

Thanks
Marc

Hey everyone... I was looking for a site to give me some info on intercoolers and I was pionted your way. I'm the past I owned a mustang that I Procharged with there intercooler. I now own a 68 Camaro Convertible and am supercharging it also. The problem is I don't want to pay over $1000 for their intercooler ATI sells. What / Who do you guys reccommend for a intercooler that will be able to push around 15 pounds of boost? I found some on Ebay for around $200 ,but don't know how good they are.

Thanks
Marc

hey, i dont know a whole lot on this subject but i do know that alot of people will take ford powerstroke intercoolers... new one is maybe $200, but not sure, and make them work. dont know if they would fit in ur application because on the size so some research would be needed.

truthfully though, my brother has a 408 procharged silverado and the shop that was working on it took the intercooler from the kit off and replaced it with alcohol injection. what that does is remove the pressure drop from the compressor of the supercharger to the inlet of the engine, inturn less boost is needed from the compressor to achieve ur goal at the t.body or carb. that would also mean less heat is produced, less strain on parts, etc. i have alky inj. on my car and love it. for $540 it was the best mod i ever made and there are many kits out there ranging in price, $350 to maybe $600.

if it were my car i would def. do alky but thats just me. hth!

John

Look into an NPR intercooler out of an Isuzu box truck. I have heard GREAT things about them from LOTS of people. Infact, my friend runs one on his car and has run more than 30psi of boost with it. After a few test runs it is nice and cold to the touch. They come in various sizes but the smaller ones do the job quite well. You can get them on ebay for around $150 or so.

Good luck :]

You might also want to check out: alcohol-injection.com

Devilsown progressive kit

I run methanol on their 3bar progressive kit with the 5gph nozzle, works great. Chance, is a good guy and he has great customer service.

later

I'm using one of the $200 ebay coolers and hve had no problems with it at all. I'm not sure which seller it came from because Igot it from a friend that chickened out on turbocharging his Mustang. The quality is better than what you would expect from a $200 piece. I have 30-40 passes on it @ 25+ psi and no problems. The only drawback was having to custom mount the cooler and fab up my own pipes, but you would probably have to do that anyway in your car. Hope this helps.

Steve

Thanks
Marc

I have a Spearco and love it! I know alot of people are chiming in for Alky as well! I have both and absolutely love it!! Keep us posted I want to hear about this car. :D