Interesting turbo/dyno test tonight= bigger isnt always better

I guess the new PTE64/65 and/or 64/66 would be nice additions to your tests.

A waste on this engine. Nothing has made more power than the 6176 or the 6262. Id like to try those on the aluminum headed engine in the black car. I could run them for what their worth on that engine. Id like to see how they compare the current BB GTQ turbo ive been kicking ass with for the last 3 years. It would be asking a lot since the it spools fast and made about 700whp around 25psi.

I wonder how a 6262 would run with a Garrett turbine housing..... either BB or non..

Bob

:)
Journal id bet it would spool as fast or nearly as fast the BB/Precision housing but would hit back pressure and drop boost up top like the 6176 with the Garrett housing does. Most arent running them arent making enough power to have a backpressure problem though so it is a good question. With the journal version id like to see difference. I still have the ex housing for the 69 trim wheel that i cant use. Let me know what you want to do with it. Precision wont machine housings that they have previously sold.

bison i have a tnetics .63 for a 62/65 if you would like to try it.it was like a nitrous hit on my car and should be pretty close to a garret.63.

So which housing to use for the street then, the .63 precision housing? Which turbo would be best for the street? 6176 or the 6262?

.... I still have the ex housing for the 69 trim wheel that i cant use. Let me know what you want to do with it. Precision wont machine housings that they have previously sold.

just hang on to it. If you ever sell it or find use for it, split the take with me... Limit Engineering would probably machine it for you. But its probably not worth the effort.

Bob

Plenty of cars running around with Garrett ex housings I cut for them now. I've seen over 80lbs/min out of the 6466 but was a t4 .96 and wasnt out of breath. 85bs /min on a 6766. The 6768 was identical to the 6766 but spooled slower both had 3 bolt housings. 80lbs/min on cast 7068 with 3 bolt housing and internal gate @ 2.5:1 PR and had plenty left but really needs a better wastegate strategy than the stock internal setup. The engine has the greatest effect in mass flow potential. If the engine can't eat it then it won't make more power.

Last edited:
Plenty of cars running around with Garrett ex housings I cut for them now. I've seen over 80lbs/min out of the 6466 but was a t4 .96 and want out of breath. 85bs /min on a 6766. The 6768 was identical to the 6766 but spooled slower both had 3 bolt housings. 80lbs/min on cast 7068 with 3 bolt housing and internal gate @ 2.5:1 PR and had plenty left but really needs a better wastegate strategy than the stock internal setup. The engine has the greatest effect in mass flow potential. If the engine can't eat it then it won't make more power.

I really enjoyed this technical article. Like the forum used to have with people in the know that have sold cars.
I'm getting the fever back with my car off the road for 10 years.
Bison, keep up the good work.
Walt

Great old thread, would like to hear any new findings and revelations worth mentioning over the last 7 years..

Great old thread, would like to hear any new findings and revelations worth mentioning over the last 7 years..

I post regularly on my fb page

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I post regularly on my fb page

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea, but ever since FB changed the coding for the Home page, we no longer see the technically most-recent post people make..now it all relates to how many comments or "likes" it has, so a lot of great posts from people (like yourself- for example I had to scroll hella far down to see your new Pantera coil post in the TB group) get lost in the mix.

I suppose we could always just click your actual FB page, but if you don't post it to your page, we would miss it.

Many folks have no interest in being part of, or supporting, Zuckerberg's liberal biased social experiment.

TTT - To diminish your technical boredom. LOL
Its helpful though. I'm in the fencepost with that 6262 in the marketplace. I have a 44 now, pte slic, champ heads, alky. Runs so well now, dont want to f it up. Ill probably never go to the track

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk