Intermittent engine miss problem

Yes, I know these cars are finicky! I have owned at least one Buick turbo car since 1978.
Having said that, my other cars run pretty much the same ignition and the ignition components
have been changed multiple times on it and the exact same symptoms reappear. I don't have
this problem on the other HA car I have. Thanks for the input.

6 to go said:
Car has missed with more than 1 TPS on it.
The VSs is a new one and no, I haven't replaced it.
Will it cause an intermitten engine miss?
It will only miss @ part throttle cruise.

Need to have a scan tool hooked up while cruising and look at what the computer is seeing the mph as when the "miss" occurs. For me it was obvious, the computers mph would jump all over when the miss occur. Hope it helps

My scan tool crapped out on me & I sent it in for repair.
when I get it back I plan to run it out and plot out the
#'s to see which one, or all, are off when it does miss.
Then maybe sort out what needs to be replaced or what.
I will post the solution. Maybe help somebody else out.

I had the same problem. Installing new injectors and matching TT chip solved the problem.

Had the same issue with my '90 Olds with 3300 Buick V6. I replaced the injectors. Problem solved again.

Injectors can be clean and still be faulty.

I don't know if its even possible to cause this problem but I guess anything electrical could be at fault so have you tried a different MAF?

Did you find the solve for this ? My car seems to be doing the same thing . no readings or error codes coming from scanmaster either

Well I am going to start with having my speed sensor replaced, and will post results

DMAC
Did you use any scan tool before replacing? It wasn't my intention to say that the vss was indeed the culprit rather a suggestion to include that in your troubleshooting process.
I know it can be very frustrating trying to find gremlins. If you want PM me.

send Steve Wood an email, contact info at http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com/ that would be a great place to start, he is very knowledgeable with these cars. I'd also like to know what would cause this, I don't have this issue but if I ever did it would drive me nuts. I'm surprised that with all of the knowledge here a solution hasn't been posted yet, it's possible some of the Buick gods haven't seen your post yet. I have yet to be let down for a solution on this site. Good luck. All great suggestions so far, I still can't believe the issue remains.

Thanks to all for the input.
I have found the problem. The pin into the
CCCI connector at the coil pack that fed the crank sensor
signal into the coil pack, had a faulty connection inside the connector.
I was able to repair it by replacing the pin with another!
Simple fix to a very long standing, frustrating, problem.
Hope this may help someone else.