Ive Decided To Go 4 Bolt

Wheres my $100, you lost the bet i guess?:confused:

Originally posted by norbs
Wheres my $100, you lost the bet i guess?:confused:

ur $100? this isnt Monster Garage. i havent even made the swap yet.....

i will report to you guys in spring when the snow disappears

Re: Re: Re: Ive Decided To Go 4 Bolt

Originally posted by d0n_3d
yeah...SPOOLUP!

My GT76S spools from idle to 20#s in 3.2 seconds and the convertor locks up around 5400,shifts at 6700
and the S turbo has a 1/4" larger exh wheel

Originally posted by turbocliff
Depends if you still run factory style heads on the OC stage motor, or BM stage II heads....at which point, you would have to change headers.

Didn't think about the S2 head variable. You are correct.

Not that I have any stats to back it up but adapting a 3 to 4 bolt seems like rigging you know? If you were to buy a set of headers new I think you would be stupid to buy a 3 bolt set unless you running a class that the rules restrick them.

Originally posted by turbocliff
Do i need to duct tape a block of wood to your pedal then pimp?

lol- :cool:
Ah patent infringement... That's the Rich's Custom Auto Gas Pedal Block (GPG).... :) Us under 5-foot 7-inch guys need them...

Art.

Originally posted by TurboDiverArt
Ah patent infringement... That's the Rich's Custom Auto Gas Pedal Block (GPG).... :) Us under 5-foot 7-inch guys need them...

Art.

Sorry Art, and yes, I was contacted almost immedietely after posting by attourneys representing Rich's Custom Auto Gas Pedal Block, and those guys don't mess around, so I will be installing no such item without their direct supervision and and the proper compensation to their client-

;)
Cliff

Originally posted by TurboDiverArt

Art.

the gas pedal block is the GPB.

the GPG is the gas pedal Glock. everyone in chicago has one of those.

Hmmmm...

This kind of reminds me of some liquid intercooler posts. The question is not how fast you can go with a 3 bolt, the question is wether or not there is any gain by going to one.

I say go to a 4 bolt housing, get the waste gate tapped in before the turbo, and put a wet NOS kit on the car with a hobbs switch. I have a whopping $160 in my used NOS kit. Its jetted for only 50hp. With the 50 hit my stock long block spooled my P-trim T63E, 3200 art carr combo the way your built motor spooled my T66 dual ball bearing. Get the NOS kit and find out what HP level you have to jet it to to get the spool up your looking for. Have the set up wired through a hobbs switch AND a throttle switch. Have the hobbs switch shut off the NOS in the 15 to 20 pound range and the throttle switch to kill it if you let off the gas. This is easy to do properly with a relay, using the hobbs and throttle switchs as part of a "holding circuit". Wiring it up this way will not allow the NOS to kick on and off.

Just think: 100 hit of nos, 15# t-brake launch, you'll be able to look Cliff in the eyes with your head lights. hehe

Jason

no no no, my eyes will be closed, because it scares me to drive fast- ;)

But as far as NOS to spool up? I don't think it's entirely necessary (this coming from a guy who plans on running a GT42 or 47 lagre frame turbo next year). On a trans brake equipped GN, theres no reason anyone should have prblems spooling nealr y all 3 or 4 bolt turbos, so long as the a/r of the exhaust housing and the torque converter are planned correctly.

On the other hand, if you're gonna put a kit on a GN to spool the turbo, leave it on the entire 1320, otherwise it;s just a tease! LOL

:cool:

I might be going out on a limb but I dont think a GT42 on a 231CI engine will work period. What stall speed,6000RPM and a 250shot of NOS????

Originally posted by DR BOOST
the gas pedal block is the GPB.

the GPG is the gas pedal Glock. everyone in chicago has one of those.
So does Rich's Custom Auto's attorneys, you know, the ones in the black trench coats...

Art.

Originally posted by chevyII
I might be going out on a limb but I dont think a GT42 on a 231CI engine will work period. What stall speed,6000RPM and a 250shot of NOS????

Well....I'll have 27XCI, 4000stall, trans brake, and no NOS. Will it spool instantly? No, but I'm sure that I'd be able to launch the car at around 4500rpm, and 20psi if the chassis is dialed in.... :D

the point of this thread was....will my car pick up by going to a 4-bolt.....is the combination physically an improvement over a 3-bolt setup.

ive already decided to go with an external gate.

thanks

surej

Originally posted by KLHAMMETT
Got it Surej, Will ship it on mon.
THanks
GOT IT?? SHIP IT??? what did i miss otto. and im still waiting on my daily call from superkaz