ledzeppac

Fontana re-opens.

Some local guys are going to run some 10's

other should follow!

There might also be a GNX that will come out and play

I'll most likely be watching from stands:(

Lets hope its doesn't rain

Phil

Well, I am planning on being there as a spectator, what time does this thing open, and what are the directions coming down the 405 or the 91 from Long Beach.

Gary,

According to

http://www.californiaspeedway.com/track/CaliforniaDragway2005Schedule.jsp

...it appears that gates open at 8AM so figure on racing starting at 9AM or so. I hope the weather is like today's-- clear and cold!

Phil: I'll be making a trip to McKenzie's Performance in Anaheim this morning to pick up some C16 in anticipation of next weekend. I also need to get a new helmet sometime between now and then as mine is out of date as of 2005. :mad:

Morgan
'87 GN; it goes ok

Originally posted by Buicksx3
Gary,

According to

http://www.californiaspeedway.com/track/CaliforniaDragway2005Schedule.jsp

...it appears that gates open at 8AM so figure on racing starting at 9AM or so. I hope the weather is like today's-- clear and cold!

Phil: I'll be making a trip to McKenzie's Performance in Anaheim this morning to pick up some C16 in anticipation of next weekend. I also need to get a new helmet sometime between now and then as mine is out of date as of 2005. :mad:

Morgan
'87 GN; it goes ok

Well that stink about your helmet. Lets hope for some good weather.

I should have called you last weekend for some help. long story:rolleyes: I'll tell you some other time.

Tomorrow I'll actualy have my uncle and cousin helping me and we'll get stuff done. :cool:

Phil

yeah gary looks like you own some fast cars lets see, an 87 T type, another 87 T type and a 2003 Z06, but you never come out and race, why have all those toys and not put them to some good use or at least give them some abuse... ;)

Originally posted by Wells
Well, I am planning on being there as a spectator, what time does this thing open, and what are the directions coming down the 405 or the 91 from Long Beach.

Previously posted by:
"wiked87gn"
"yeah gary looks like you own some fast cars lets see, an 87 T type, another 87 T type and a 2003 Z06, but you never come out and race, why have all those toys and not put them to some good use or at least give them some abuse..."
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Wells
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kevin:
"Pay close attention, take notes, and tomorrow we will have a test."
If you mean own as in currently own, I currently own a Z06, a '87 Turbo-t, & a Honda CBR1100XX that I don't ride. But I am currently looking for a another pristine low mileage '87 Turbo-T and then the bike will disappear and probably the Z06 also.
If you mean I had, as in previously owned & the one that I own now. I have owned 1 '86 T-Type, an '87 Grand National, and 2 previous '87 Turbo-t's, and the '87 Turbo-t that I currently own.
Making a total of 5 GN/T-Type/Turbo-T's. I don't race them because I don't want any of you guys to see a 16 sec pass in a low 12 sec car, as in the case of the Z06, or a high 15 or low 16 sec pass in a high 13 or low 14 sec car. But I do like to come out and support the Buicks, and watch them also, and also talk to everybody involved in the Buick clan. Not any real sense in abusing, or racing a prety much bone stock car, as in the case of my '87 Turbo. It's not like we don't know what a bone stock Turbo-T will do.

Please make sure you put me on your will.. :)
Kevin:
"Pay close attention, take notes, and tomorrow we will have a test."
If you mean own as in currently own, I currently own a Z06, a '87 Turbo-t, & a Honda CBR1100XX that I don't ride. But I am currently looking for a another pristine low mileage '87 Turbo-T and then the bike will disappear and probably the Z06 also.
If you mean I had, as in previously owned & the one that I own now. I have owned 1 '86 T-Type, an '87 Grand National, and 2 previous '87 Turbo-t's, and the '87 Turbo-t that I currently own.
Making a total of 5 GN/T-Type/Turbo-T's. I don't race them because I don't want any of you guys to see a 16 sec pass in a low 12 sec car, as in the case of the Z06, or a high 15 or low 16 sec pass in a high 13 or low 14 sec car. But I do like to come out and support the Buicks, and watch them also, and also talk to everybody involved in the Buick clan. Not any real sense in abusing, or racing a prety much bone stock car, as in the case of my '87 Turbo. It's not like we don't know what a bone stock Turbo-T will do. [/B][/QUOTE]

Nothing personal here, but you are the wrong sex and way too old to be in my will. And, come to think about it: I lied, but not intentionally, I don't own the Z06 free and clear yet, as I have 6 more payments left on it.

Originally posted by Buicksx3
....I also need to get a new helmet sometime between now and then as mine is out of date as of 2005. :mad:

Morgan
'87 GN; it goes ok
I believe the SA2005 won't be available until October 1, 2005.

Originally quoted by Snell Memorial Foundation

M2005 and SA/K2005 Standards have been finalized and certification testing to these Standards have begun. Helmet models that meet all the requirements of M2005 and SA/K2005 will be given certification certificates for M2000, SA2000 and K-98. Certification to the M2005 and SA/K2005 Standards for those helmets will be granted just before October 1, 2005 when the new Standards become effective. Certification stickers for the new Standards will be available on July 1, 2005. However, helmets with the new certification stickers cannot be shipped until October 1, 2005. Please contact the Snell lab for 2005 certification testing schedules.

Thanks for the info-- according to the tech-meisters at the track last November, my old Snell 90-rated helmet would be out of date come January '05. Probably time to replace it anyway....

More FYI...

Snell Certifies helmets every five years. They figure that in five years your helmet has begun to disintegrate, as it were. The glue holding the inner lining is failing and blah, blah, blah....

If you could borrow someone's SA2000 to get you through tech, that maybe the answer until October. But then again sharing a helmet can be like sharing underwear :eek: :)

SA90? Wow! :D

for Neil and Morgan.

Bob,Ray and Myself are meeting at 8am at the Carls Junior off Tustin and the 91 there should be a couple of more GN guys with us i will know more toward the weekend, if you guys want to meet us there that would be great so we can all arrive in a group at Fontana around 9am, let us know if you guys are available to meet there.

Kevin,

I appreciate the offer, but my intent is to arrive prior to the gates opening at 8AM so I'll likely leave Yorba Linda at 7AM. I think Neal plans on doing the same by leaving San Diego at "0-Dark:30" Saturday morning and driving straight to the track. I like getting through tech as quick as possible, and being toward the head of the tech line helps.

Speaking of which, do you plan on running on Saturday?

yes i plan on running Saturday, i have no tires but hope that this American Racer tires will hold at least a 3psi launch, if i get at least a 1.7 sixty foot i should get my 11sec time slip with no problems, I am also just going to run on Alky and 91 octane since that is what i Run 100% of the time on the streets i hope to tune for that get my best time slip and let it be, C yah there...

Hey everyone sounds like it's goin to be a pretty busy little event I think my brother and I are going to come out and watch all you guys run hope it's a good outing.
Morgan, I hope everything is going well we hope to see you running some solid 10's out there. Take it easy everyone

Brian

Originally posted by BGN8711
Hey everyone sounds like it's goin to be a pretty busy little event I think my brother and I are going to come out and watch all you guys run hope it's a good outing.
Morgan, I hope everything is going well we hope to see you running some solid 10's out there. Take it easy everyone

Brian

Brian where the hell did you guys move OCTCFU to? I went to pay my car payment and it wasn't there anymore!!!!:mad:

thanks
Phil

Hey Phil,

This is Sean, I'm Brian's brother and I work at OCTFCU. We just moved down Euclid a mile down to about the 5. The official cross streets are Euclid and Crescent.

Morgan,

How's everything going, how are Tracer and Kathy? Did you have the new baby yet? Hopefully we'll see you out at the track, it's been too long.

Sean