Jethot 2000 coating

Ceramic Coatings

You have to remember that Jethot is just a name brand.
The actual term is ceramic coating. Pure ceramic is black and the silver has aluminum added to it to give it the silver color. You may know this already.

If you need someone to do this process for you I know of a place in Arlington, TX that will do you an outstanding job. The place is called Performance Coatings and the guys name is Mike.

I have had all my exhaust, turbo, downpipe, turbo shield done by him for under $400 and he guarentees his work. Jet hot wanted nearly $1000 + shipping. In my opinion, a total rip off. I have seen some of their work and Performance coatings if far more superior.

Performance coatings also does piston coatings and many other coatings for performance cars. :)

I hope this helps you out.
Rick Kinworthy
LSPBC President '06

ceramic coatings

One more thing,
I had my work done by mike 2 1/2 years ago and run 30 lbs of boost in my car. The coatings see the very high tempatures and have not come off or chipped.
RickK

GRANDNAT87 said:
You have to remember that Jethot is just a name brand.
The actual term is ceramic coating. Pure ceramic is black and the silver has aluminum added to it to give it the silver color. You may know this already.
Rick Kinworthy
LSPBC President '06
Rick,
I did not know that but figured it was a trade name. Thanks!
My current DP is brand new and aluminized. Should I coat over it?

disco stu said:
Polydyn in Houston has 3 or so high temp coatings and do a good job.
Thanks for the reply! I drove by the place today ...... (needed and excuse and a place to drive to :cool: ) Will get more info on Monday.

Ceramic Coatings

It is up to you on the steel THDP. I know when I did mine it looked pertty crappy but after it was coated it looked pretty cool. I think mine cost around $60 to get coated, looked good and decreased under hood temps quite a bit. For the money I would go ahead and do it that way you do not have to fool with it anymore.
Rick

GRANDNAT87 said:
One more thing,
I had my work done by mike 2 1/2 years ago and run 30 lbs of boost in my car. The coatings see the very high tempatures and have not come off or chipped.
RickK

I would love to see pics of the parts you are referring to. I am currently building a car and will probably use these guys with your recommendation. I was wondering what all on the turbo they coated, etc. Please let us know and post pics if you have them.

Thanks! :D

Ceramic Coatings

I had the compressor housing done in the silver color and the exhaust done in black. The downpipe, 4" intake pipes, headers and crossover done in silver. I have changed this year to a external wastegate and different downpipe and cut another shield to fit the setup. I wanted to make sure that the new setup would work and it does quite well. I have attached some pictures from the old setup and will have the new setup coated shortly.

Rick

Attachments

• MVC-0001F.jpg
    MVC-0001F.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 138
  • MVC-0022F.jpg
    MVC-0022F.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 139
performance coatings

anybody got a number for performance coatings in arlington also do they coat inside and out on headers and downpipes p.s.in wichita ks.

Performance Coating Specialties

Performance Coating Specialtes
1107 California Ln # 209, Arlington, TX
(817) 274-1947

He does not coat the inside of the headers because of the turbo. He will if you tell him to.
He can coat anything you want coated.
I had the headers, crossover, down pipe, turbo shield, whole turbo expcept center section and inlet to turbo pipe. Everything else I had powder coated.
Hope this helps,
Rick

performance coatings

thanks for your reply,so if i understand you its not a good idea to coat the inside of the headers because the coating may flake off and damage the turbo.thanks again

He coated the inside of my headers. Doesn't bother me. My turbo eats valve guides for lunch.

I just sent my headers and crossover to Jet Hot at their Mississippi facility. I opted for the Jet Hot 2000 inside and out. Figured doing the outside only wouldn't be smart. I choose not to do the turbine housing cause they wanted $110 for that and would only do the outside. Again, not worth it to me. They also would only do the outside of the downpipe because of the internal/integral wastegate. Again, chose not to do just the outside. Hoping for the best with the headers and crossover. Hope to get them back the week after Easter. We'll see.