John Craig turbos...

MSDGN

Just had to mention this...sent my PTE-51 turbo to John Craig to have it upgraded to a TE-62....all I can say is WOW...it's a work of art...both housings exhaust/compressor are nicely ported...it looks better than new...I know where I'll be going with all my turbo stuff in the future...

I second that.

I've had some turbo work done by a couple of shops, and John really does superior work. Great service too!

Rich

yea, i got his ta 60 and when i opened the box i almost got wood. seriousily, that turbo i got from him is bad ass.:D

Originally posted by strikeeagle
If you don't mind my asking, what did it cost?

Thanks.

I want to know too. Also, how long did it take?

Did your 51 fail or did you have it switched over because of being nervous about hte past problems with 51's ???

Neither...just wanted a bigger turbo...I tried to sell it but because of the bad rep the 51 has now no one wanted it...so I decided to have it upgraded...it took 2 weeks total turnaround but I live in Phoenix so not much shipping time involved...

Just another note...I visited John's shop a few months ago on my way back from Vegas...it's one of the cleanest...most organized shops I've seen...plus he has a nice view of Lake Havasu...

Awesome people to do business with!

I have a friend that has a PTE 51 and runs the sh!t out of it. No problems yet. He runs 27 psi of boost all of the time.

Thumbs up for John! We decided to start offering turbos about a month ago, and went with John Craig. When we were deciding, we heard nothing but good words about his products and service. I have had excellent results personally with his turbo's, as have many locals here as well. He also gives me his valuable time to make sure my turbo selection advice is right on the money for each particular application. When we started carrying other people's products, I wanted to only carry the best parts available, from well known reputable manufacturers. John & his turbo's are close to the top of that list as far as I am concerned. Let me know if anyone needs advice, recommendations, prices, or help with turbo's, I would be glad to help out.
Thanks-

Originally posted by Chris Taylor
Awesome people to do business with!

I have a friend that has a PTE 51 and runs the sh!t out of it. No problems yet. He runs 27 psi of boost all of the time.

and runs what mph in the 1/4 ?

Red,

He is going to BOP in Bristol. This will be the first time the car has ran in the 1/4. This is the car that we took to the dyno a few weeks ago. I think it will do well if the 50's hold on the hard top end pull. So far the 50's have not leaned out with long pulls on the highway. This is with 26-27 psi of boost. I have pulled the THDP several times to see if the exhoust wheel was still there.:D

there is a website called www.limitengineering.com for which I drew the logo, but the rest of the site was never finished (and I dont know who was supposed to be doing it). If John Craig visits this site at all and sees this, maybe you should contract me to do the site ... I assume you like the graphic thats on it right now ? ;)

I've been checking back in a few days for a couple months now!

Great Vendor/operation!

John is a great person to do business with.

I got my TA-33C from him about a year ago, and when I pulled the heads I sent it back to him to get looked over, and refreshed. I also sent him the $40 to get the compressor housing polished. I didn't know that turbos could look so nice!

He is one of those vendors that you can Trust and you look forward to the first time you open the box to see the work of art. Its one of those products you don't want to put on the car, because it looks so nice!

I am glad that he is serving the TB community the way he is.....We need more vendors like him!

Originally posted by JayLashua
there is a website called www.limitengineering.com for which I drew the logo, but the rest of the site was never finished (and I dont know who was supposed to be doing it). If John Craig visits this site at all and sees this, maybe you should contract me to do the site ... I assume you like the graphic thats on it right now ? ;)

I've been checking back in a few days for a couple months now!
Nice Turbonetics compressor housing on that turbo in the picture:eek: :D

hey my John Craig turbo has that housing on it..:p

Chris: i hope to be there i will find out which car it is and keep my eye on it ...good luck

Over the years, I had gone through two stock turbo rebuilds, and trashing a TE-44 in about a year. So I took it to John Craig and had it rebuilt/upgraded to a TE-60. On a subsequent visit (getting a friend's turbo re-done), he showed us the 360 thrust bearing he uses, how it's installed etc. It makes a lot of sense why I kept blowing turbos previously, since the old bearing had only been spring loaded. Every time I had boost flutter, I was destroying it.
I've had the TE-60 for exactly 2 years now, and it's still very solid (even without the oil in it; it's off the car waiting for the rebuilt engine to be put in). Definitely excellent work and a good guy!