Junkyard parts/ mods

turbotrix2004

Hey guys I did the dual intrepid fans today and started to think what other mods can be done and are worth doing with parts from other vehicles in the junk yard. It may sound silly but these made significantimprovements.
I've done the blazer spindles, 2005 corvette front brakes, 2002 firebird rear disc brakes, and now the fans.

Did those spindles change the stance of the front end?

There is a section on here with a list of most of the know interchangeable parts from othere cars.

D

[QUOTE="toofastforyou, post: 3681011, member: 646”] P.S: Anyways...I'm not a fan of using parts from junk cars on my GN… :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Some of those junk cars are newer than your junk car.

Besides the stance, upgrading the brakes to an s10 set up and such offers larger rotors and dual pistons for stopping power.

I did the s10 front brake swap and i noticed a difference in stopping power.

D

Some of those junk cars are newer than your junk car.
Yes sure… but I have a complete front and rear Baer disc brake setup on my "junk" car which (I think) is a notch above your junkyard S10 kit… and don't reply to me that I paid more than you…I know that …but in the end, "you still get what you pay for". If you're happy with junk parts on your car then good for you! ... but I wanted something better.

Claude.

P.S: ...Still not a fan of using parts from junk cars on my GN.

Last edited:
I think your sensitivity is too fast for me.

You came on here shitting on people using parts from junk cars and you can’t take a little razzing?

And i really could care less what you paid for anything.

D

I think your sensitivity is too fast for me.

You came on here shitting on people using parts from junk cars and you can’t take a little razzing?

And i really could care less what you paid for anything.

D
Yeah sure… :rolleyes:

Claude. :D

P.S: Guys…I couldn't care less about what that ding-dong says… I know that I didn't "shit" on anyone. I just said that I was not a fan of using junk car parts on mine, period. 'Bye! :joyful:

I actually found some frame bracing on my last yard outing . It was on a monte . Also the jeep steering shaft eliminates a lot of slop in the steering .
image.jpeg