Junkyard parts/ mods

[QUOTE="toofastforyou, post: 3681011, member: 646”] P.S: Anyways...I'm not a fan of using parts from junk cars on my GN… :rolleyes:

Some of those junk cars are newer than your junk car.

Besides the stance, upgrading the brakes to an s10 set up and such offers larger rotors and dual pistons for stopping power.

I did the s10 front brake swap and i noticed a difference in stopping power.

D[/QUOTE]

On your S10 brake parts what years S10? what parts do you exactly use to make it work on a Turbo Regal

I am curious

as to flip down stay down license plate brackets I have plenty of them redone looking like new for $28 shipped...also we made a kit to convert your factory one without drilling any holes.

as for the Jeep lower shaft a better shaft exists and both require modification to reclock them so steering wheel stays straight and I have them already done refurbished.

I do alot of junk yarding about 5 yards are in my area anywhere from 3,000 to 7,000 cars also a few yards I know that don't let people wonder around but let me in as they know me from years ago..

Its good exercise....good research....I used to do it back in the late 1970s when I started making GTO parts to determine if parts fit other GM cars such as the popular Chevelle. It was the only way to know for sure since no internet existed.

problem today is G body cars in most cases we are about 5-7 years too late to finding them in yards...

Sorry if I got alittle off track of the topic.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

[QUOTE="toofastforyou, post: 3681011, member: 646”] P.S: Anyways...I'm not a fan of using parts from junk cars on my GN… :rolleyes:

Some of those junk cars are newer than your junk car.

Besides the stance, upgrading the brakes to an s10 set up and such offers larger rotors and dual pistons for stopping power.

I did the s10 front brake swap and i noticed a difference in stopping power.

D[/QUOTE]

On your S10 brake parts what years S10? what parts do you exactly use to make it work on a Turbo Regal

I am curious

as to flip down stay down license plate brackets I have plenty of them redone looking like new for $28 shipped...also we made a kit to convert your factory one without drilling any holes.

as for the Jeep lower shaft a better shaft exists and both require modification to reclock them so steering wheel stays straight and I have them already done refurbished.

I do alot of junk yarding about 5 yards are in my area anywhere from 3,000 to 7,000 cars also a few yards I know that don't let people wonder around but let me in as they know me from years ago..

Its good exercise....good research....I used to do it back in the late 1970s when I started making GTO parts to determine if parts fit other GM cars such as the popular Chevelle. It was the only way to know for sure since no internet existed.

problem today is G body cars in most cases we are about 5-7 years too late to finding them in yards...

Sorry if I got alittle off track of the topic.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

I am curious

I used the spindles, rotors, line brackets and dual piston calipers from a 2 wheel drive s10.
I believe it's only the 98 thru 02 s10 2 wheel drive set up that works.

I bought it from a member on here in the for sale section.

It's been states that you'd need to get some adapters for the brake lines to match up but mine fit perfectly.

I used a pipe bender to bend the brake lines. The only issue I had was putting in the new balljoints. The ones I firdt used had a knerl and we could not get them in no matter how hard we tried.

Got different ball joints with no knerl and it was done in minutes.

There is a define difference in stopping power and you don't get the overheated disc shaking and loss of braking like the factory set up under harder driving and braking. I also went with the vacuum brake set up recently and everything seems fine.

There is info of the exact s10 swap in the junkyard parts section.

D

You buy the spindles off the S10 and turn the rotors or buy new ones and rebuilt calipers or vette calipers. I hope no one is putting the calipers/rotors on without refurbishing them. And the high dollar brakes go on the stock "junk" 86/87 spindle;). Heck I worry about my stock calipers:)

The Lincoln Mark VIII elec fan is awesome piece. 2 speeds also, 4500 cfm on high I think. Won't fit with SLIC due to thickness. The shroud can be cut down and posibly squeeze it in.

As for the Blazer Brake upgrade, which has been covered before, the spindle and dust cover are the only parts that are no longer available new. So with that being said, the only "junk" parts that you will be actually using are the spindles and dust covers. I personally purchased new rotors, loaded caliper and bearing/hubs. Yes I have a few hundred dollars in my setup but it is worth it to me. Better stopping and NO MORE PACKING BEARINGS!!!!