Just finished the 6262 DBB install

Otto J

Ill get pics later.

I just installed the billet wheel 6262/.63 housing DBB turbo.
This turbo FEELS awesome!
It is installed on a completely stock motor (with exception of LT1 valve springs) It spools WICKED fast,faster than a stocker!
The only mods to the car are k&n filter,50#inj,Turbotweak chip,Razors alky kit,hotwired walbro,3" Southeast Turbo downpipe,V4 Intercooler and 10" Pats Lockup convertor.

We hope to get to the track once before the snow flys to get some data.

This car has gone 11.40 at 119 already with all of the above with the exception of a stock convertor and 3255E Turbo at 27#s.and still runs thru a stock exhaust system.

With the 6262 at 24#s it FEELS better that(which it should)but im betting the stock exhaust is starting to cork it up.

Thanks to Harltine Performance for the Turbo,Bought it with the new oil feed line and water fittings and made my own
water lines with 2 6an fittings (1 straight 1 90*) and some black flex line,Worked out awesome.

Sounds like a nice easy combo!

Keep us posted on the times..

Scot W.

Cool beans Otto, I may have had one of the first 62s but it will be out dated by the time I install it. LOL

Thats sounds schweet ....

Would be a good choice for the new THS class....

Sorry... couldn't resist!

Cool turbo none-the-less.....

I'd like to have one at some point to compare against a TE45A.... or a 70P trim....

Otto,
Keep us posted on your times!
Is it rated at more than the 6776 bb turbo?
Is was nice meeting you in Reynolds.
I was with Sam and Toni Colalillo there.
Thanks for all the help on their car.
Are you thinking about racing in the THS class?
I am stuck between THS (too slow to hang class) and TSM.
I really think the turbo should be a 61mm maximum for THS.
I have a 6776 bb on my car now.
We will see what happens!

Blazer406
Thats sounds schweet ....

Would be a good choice for the new THS class....

Sorry... couldn't resist!

I think it would be perfect for the THS class also.
Especially if Kip would change his mind off the 67mm turbo.
I couldn't resist either!

Jason
AffordableGN

No its a Pat's 10" the Russ had laying around.
it drives real good with it,hard to tell without brake torquing its even there.

Between Russ and Dan.... they probably have enough go fast stuff to make many cars go......

Sounds great let us know the track times. If that car traps over 125 with that turbo I will get rid of my old school 63 and get one of those.

I have a journal version of the 6262 with the "S" cover coming my way this week....will post results ;)

I am on the brink of making a turbo decision for my street car project that has been under construction for some 3 years now. I talked to Cal about this turbo but I'm not convinced it could meet my goal of EASY mid-10s without leaning on it real hard. So now I'm leaning back toward the 6776dbb or maybe even a boosted 70 with .63 housing - I can't make up my mind to save my life. So get it to the track ASAP Otto!:biggrin:

I am on the brink of making a turbo decision for my street car project that has been under construction for some 3 years now. I talked to Cal about this turbo but I'm not convinced it could meet my goal of EASY mid-10s without leaning on it real hard. So now I'm leaning back toward the 6776dbb or maybe even a boosted 70 with .63 housing - I can't make up my mind to save my life. So get it to the track ASAP Otto!:biggrin:
Quite possibly Sun Will,I think this turbo will go mid 10s,But we are running it on a bone stock motor.Im thinking stock cam,ported heads and intake will make it a mid 10 car,but it will require 27 or so #s of boost but will the alky its not a problem on pump gas.
But my last car with the 6776 ported head cam motor want 10.80 at 127 on a easy pass with 22#s of boost,And hte DBB version spool real well with a 9.5 PTC convertor.
I would stay away from the 70 if your goal is mid 10s or so

Will,

Get the 65 turbine wheel, which is the HP P Trim.
That is what I bought with the S Cover.
Waiting for Otto to come out and install it!

Just confirmed we will be at Island Dragway this sun,A little windy and 46*.
We have no rollbar so Im not sure how many runs we will get.
There will also be another fast car there being tested;)