Just finished the 6262 DBB install

Will,

Get the 65 turbine wheel, which is the HP P Trim.
That is what I bought with the S Cover.
Waiting for Otto to come out and install it!

Don't think it will have enough snot for my goals. I would love to go with this turbo as it is different but I just wish they would go ahead and come out with a 67-68 compressor wheel.

Quite possibly Sun Will,I think this turbo will go mid 10s,But we are running it on a bone stock motor.Im thinking stock cam,ported heads and intake will make it a mid 10 car,but it will require 27 or so #s of boost but will the alky its not a problem on pump gas.
But my last car with the 6776 ported head cam motor want 10.80 at 127 on a easy pass with 22#s of boost,And hte DBB version spool real well with a 9.5 PTC convertor.
I would stay away from the 70 if your goal is mid 10s or so

My street car is a cream puff and will see much more street action than strip and will never have a cage. My goal is EASY mid-10s with a 5psi launch and reasonable boost levels - LOW 10s with a little more boost. The motor is a 235cid stock crank/rods, mildly ported GN1s, 214/214 roller with XFI. I don't want to lean on it too hard as the bottom end is nothing special other than steel caps. Patrick had mentioned the 70 with a .63 exhaust housing but I am afraid that would be somewhat choked off. If a dbb billet 6265 would get the job done, I would be all over it. I'll be curious how it works on your basically stock combo. After talking to Cal today about this very turbo, I think it would be good for maybe 10.40s on my combo but I'd have to run the snot out of it. I know the 6776 will get the job done but I just like the idea of running an out of the ordinary turbo.

Been running this turbo all summer and love it. I'm still working out some bugs, but it's instant spool from 0-4600 rpm's!! :biggrin:

I went with a WCC 3000 stall l/u and I don't think it's enough. I will probably need 3200-3400...

Been running this turbo all summer and love it. I'm still working out some bugs, but it's instant spool from 0-4600 rpm's!! :biggrin:

I went with a WCC 3000 stall l/u and I don't think it's enough. I will probably need 3200-3400...
Sean have you got a chance to run it yet?
You got a good combo,I wondering how different a stock motor will run
compared

I did run it, but was having an over-boosting issue and ended up wasting a headgasket. I've got that sorted out but have a stumble at about 4600 rpms. Unfortunately it will have to wait until next year. I think we're both going to like this turbo. As I said from idle to 4600 rpm's this thing pulls like a low 12 - high 11. That's based on a lot of drag racing seat time, not actual time on the new combo.

How did it do?

Well how did everything go guy's?

How did it do?

Otto fill us in........

Scot W.

We ran into 2 issues with the car today.
1 the PATS 10" is way to loose and it drive right over it.
We locked it in top of third and the car went 119 at 25#s of boost
2 the used TT chip we bought is not a programmable one,We did not know
this and were not able to make any adjustments,and it need some.
So We are sending it in for updates

We are gonna throw our 12 High stall in and see how it spool and see if the Pat's can be tightened.

We hope to try to get back out one more time but not sure we will ahve the chip back in time

Otto, I'm not surprised you had issues with that converter. From what I have heard that turbo is a real NASTY piece. Let us know how you guys make out when you get things sorted out. Hopefully da weather holds out for you out east. It snowed 2" here and looks like 20's and low 30's from here out.:frown:

Otto, I'm not surprised you had issues with that converter. From what I have heard that turbo is a real NASTY piece. Let us know how you guys make out when you get things sorted out. Hopefully da weather holds out for you out east. It snowed 2" here and looks like 20's and low 30's from here out.:frown:
Ya,You can't tell a convertors efficiency when the tire just burn on DA streets.
We got Ford vs Buick Nov30,But if its cold Ill stay home.
Ive yet to find a convertor I really like for a setup like this,The stock cam is holding us from reving higher and making it more useful,But we are sticking with the DA stock cam.If I can get this convertor tightened up 600 or so I will work real well,Im not sure it can be tightened that far,But it spools so well a loose 12" may be DA ticket

Otto,

What rpm do you think you need?
I have the 3200 for my 62/65 and I think it is going to be too loose...

Not really sure yet,I am gonna look at the info i get with the 12" to figure it out,This convertor feels fine driving but with boost it drives right over it.
With a stock cam i would like to see it not looser than 4300-4400 at full boost

Ya,You can't tell a convertors efficiency when the tire just burn on DA streets.
We got Ford vs Buick Nov30,But if its cold Ill stay home.
Ive yet to find a convertor I really like for a setup like this,The stock cam is holding us from reving higher and making it more useful,But we are sticking with the DA stock cam.If I can get this convertor tightened up 600 or so I will work real well,Im not sure it can be tightened that far,But it spools so well a loose 12" may be DA ticket

I have had great success with the 0 pump 5 disc Vig and stock motors. Both of my cars have performend well beyond my expectations. The TCs played a big role.

recieved the 6262 today....the drive home from the shop was fun...spool is better than the 6152E ... power feels about the same...got to abuse some guy on a BMW motorcycle on my trek home..lol...nice turbo all in all...

PIC-0102.jpg

Don't think it will have enough snot for my goals. I would love to go with this turbo as it is different but I just wish they would go ahead and come out with a 67-68 compressor wheel.

My street car is a cream puff and will see much more street action than strip and will never have a cage. My goal is EASY mid-10s with a 5psi launch and reasonable boost levels - LOW 10s with a little more boost. The motor is a 235cid stock crank/rods, mildly ported GN1s, 214/214 roller with XFI. I don't want to lean on it too hard as the bottom end is nothing special other than steel caps. Patrick had mentioned the 70 with a .63 exhaust housing but I am afraid that would be somewhat choked off. If a dbb billet 6265 would get the job done, I would be all over it. I'll be curious how it works on your basically stock combo. After talking to Cal today about this very turbo, I think it would be good for maybe 10.40s on my combo but I'd have to run the snot out of it. I know the 6776 will get the job done but I just like the idea of running an out of the ordinary turbo.

The 66GTQ or s trim will do it at 22-23psi on your combo with an easy foot brake launch. i wouldnt get anything smaller than a GTQ exhaust. Id go BB and GTQ or the latest wheel HPQ 66 or 67. And of course a 9.5" PTC