Just got a shipping quote from Detroit area to Sask...

3-5.0

...$2795.00. wow. enclosed trailer. Just throwin that out there. Also my brokerage and taxes to enter Canada is $1966.00 based on a 25k car.

---------

Then I have to get it provincially inspected and licenced. Go through the car,oil change maybe a tune or whatever,gas gas and more gas.Damn car hobby is expensive.

To put the 4761.00 into perspective-maybe you won't relate- but that buys a nice 5.0 up here or over half of a nice T-type.

So why not hop on a plane fly in and drive it back. You can't find a nice one already in Canada?

So why not hop on a plane fly in and drive it back. You can't find a nice one already in Canada?

All good questions,since you ask...heh heh. no passport,its winter,flight and hotels would be expensive,navigating through large urban centers etc,and I simply do not have the time.

I've ran an ad here for near a month and got one reply(to expensive and uncooperative),other listing somewhat locally the car has T-tops,40k miles undetailed and wants a firm 29000. Dealers listed in Canada-one is a 15000 pos the other is in Montreal and (call for price) which I'ma not even going to do because I'm guessing its 30k minimum.

My reasoning is I can still get a car with lower miles and cheaper out of the U.S. If I go out of province but still in Canada I still have to get it shipped,inspected and rely on pictures-I know a gamble. Thats why I'm looking at dealers,perhaps a little more trustworthy when I send funds and they are more than willing to assist with shipping.

Wait till the snow/salt is gone, buy one off the board, by that time you'll have figured out who you can trust to inspect,
ship open trailer to a depot on the US side and bring it across yourself. Taxes you gotta pay.

One other option is to see if a board member wants a vacation.:biggrin: Pay for them to drive it to the border and then you take it from there.:)

Wait till the snow/salt is gone, buy one off the board, by that time you'll have figured out who you can trust to inspect,
ship open trailer to a depot on the US side and bring it across yourself. Taxes you gotta pay.

I might have to wait that long,however the thought of dealing with not one but 2 border guards at a time...is...lets just say an opportunity for a headache. My buddy swears its a breeze as he goes thru all the time but I've heard horror stories about Can's border guards. I dunno I'll see.

One other option is to see if a board member wants a vacation.:biggrin: Pay for them to drive it to the border and then you take it from there.:)

Heh heh, "one last chance to drive it like we stole it honey":biggrin: that and theres no way I pay 20 grand for a car in advance only to have the driver roll it and say sorry man,deals a deal. Yeah I'm a worry wart.

Doesn't matter which side of the border, if you cross behaving like an arrogant entitled ahole you will get grief.
Be a respectful adult with a purpose and have all your paperwork in order, then things will go smoothly.

I can check out the limited in edmonton for you if you like. I have also imported about 8 cars from the usa. I have shipped enclosed, and open, and flown down and driven back. My father and I just got back from texas I got a great deal on an 02 firehawk convertible. Its pretty easy at the border if you have all the paper work done and its not really that much esp if its older than 15 years.

I like to fly down and drive back, its fun. I would only trailer if it is a prestine low mile car over 30k.

Let me know if I can be of any help.

Jarred

There is a nice Limited in Edmonton for sale.

I can check out the limited in edmonton for you if you like. I have also imported about 8 cars from the usa. I have shipped enclosed, and open, and flown down and driven back. My father and I just got back from texas I got a great deal on an 02 firehawk convertible. Its pretty easy at the border if you have all the paper work done and its not really that much esp if its older than 15 years.

I like to fly down and drive back, its fun. I would only trailer if it is a prestine low mile car over 30k.

Let me know if I can be of any help.

Jarred

Hmmm Edmonton you say. I'll have to pass on a limited-not that they arent the cats a** but well you know,I've been waiting 25yrs to spring for the "mainstream" GN. There is/was a guy here selling a lower mile Turbo-T for a great price,maybe something like that is in the future.

There is a low mile like 30km GN listed in Edmonton-the guy wants 27 or 28 bones,looks nice. Has alcohol inj or something tho.Thanks for the offers Jarred. I'm about 1 step away from going for a low mile hardtop in Ohio. The car has some weird crap on it though like non original wheels and gauges all over the place.

Forgot about that one.Something about it didn't get me going,maybe it was the key lock guards.:biggrin:

I'm going for the one in Ohio,the guy said he'll hold for me till I get trucking arrangements.