Just Hooked up PLX....How to read it on SM 2.0...help please

Amelio

I have had a PL and SM 2.1 for a little while and love it.....I just wired up my PLX SM -AFR

I hooked up the 12v wire directly to an open pin on the fuse box. I ran a ground from the battery to the negative on the PLX (I also tied the ground from the analog to the same ground that is from the battery.

The one analog input I ran to the I1 pin out on the PL I/O bar

Now i dont have my laptop......i left it at the office.......

Since I can not look at the readings on the PL I thought I would just look at it on the SM which is what I intended.

The SM instructions on the display page does not show where you would read AFR's

The only reading I see that confuses me is the PL ( instructions say its the Pulse width reading) however the scan master display does not show PL it shows PU?????

So is there a setting I have to turn on through the PL to make the scan master read AFR's?

Is the PU readout on the scan master for the AFR's? if so why do the instructions say its for reading pulse width???????

I'm confused.....some help please

Yes, you have to have your laptop so you can run PL, and get into the F3 page. In the lower left hand corner of F3 page is "scanmaster options" button.
If memory serves, PU is injector pulse width.
Once you get the wideband option for scanmaster turned on, the wideband reading will replace the O2 reading on the main scanmaster display.

BTW, since you're running powerlogger are you sure you're still running scanmaster 2.1? or did you install the 2.2 upgrade chip? You need the 2.2 upgrade chip.

Yes, you have to have your laptop so you can run PL, and get into the F3 page. In the lower left hand corner of F3 page is "scanmaster options" button.

BTW, since you're running powerlogger are you sure you're still running scanmaster 2.1? or did you install the 2.2 upgrade chip? You need the 2.2 upgrade chip.

Damn I had a feeling I needed my laptop.....

Yes Dave you are correct I have the SM 2.1 with the updated 2.2 chip......I love how much faster it is!

Ok I will have to wait to get my laptop and turn it on.

So I am still confused with how the SM instructions say the PL reading is for pulse width but the display says PU.........whatever it says is this where I will be seeing my AFR's?

Also will it actually display a real reading such as 10.5?????

Thanks for the Quick reply!!!!!!

Yes it will display a real AFR reading in place of the original O2 readings.

Posted to TurboBuick.com from my RAZR MAXX HD

Here a pic of where you go
pl.png

Don't hook up any grounds to the ground on the I/O board.

Thanks for the pic Turbotdr! I will switch that thing on this week.

Thanks Proto....... No I didn't hook any grounds to the I/O board just the ground for the power supply and the ground for the analog plug....... I hooked those both to a fresh ground I ran from the battery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk