Just how far can 009's take you?

ecmo92

How far until I need to upgrade to 50's? My goals are mid 11's with the te61. Will the 009's make it that far safely?

009's will support up to 510hp. Its should be around the low to mid 11's safely. 50's will support up to 600hp.

Originally posted by ecmo92
How far until I need to upgrade to 50's? My goals are mid 11's with the te61. Will the 009's make it that far safely?

How much tuning do you want to do?.
If you content to try and run the injectors static, then you can run that way for a while.
But, see you mentioned that ugly word Safely.
If you want to run Safely then you'll want to go by the well established rules where you don't go over 85-90% DC and that means big injectors.

You might look at the Direct Scan run files on accessible from the Scan Tool Section, and look at the %DC of some 11 sec cars and see what you think.

RC Engineering has a few good words on the DC stuff.

Totally Agreeing With bruce

bruce,

I'd bet the injector suggestions accompanying each turbo on PTE's website has sold a lot of HGs down the road!

Undersizing injectors & "tuning" by jacking the FPR is not in a motor's best interest! Even with a double-pump set-up!

Conversely, going to 75#s/83#s with a dialed-in chip would give any street/strip car a nice safety margin on the injector DC.

I'm with you, bro, but these old habits die hard, I suppose.

Safety 1st and foremost!

:)

those that believe PTE's (Lubrant's) chart on injectors are asking for trouble

too much injector won't hurt you....the converse is not true!