KC valvebody for cammed, and ported head TR

Bison,
Your VB and gov are enroute as of a couple of days ago. Should see them this week I think.

Chris,
I got your case packaged up finally :D

What's the feedback on a CR VB, I have a few of those also.

Look Ma... no hands!

Modified KC Valve body from CKperf installed. I'm liking it.:D

First test drive with the powerlogger shows clean crisp 2-3 shift at 5780RPM. Car is not running on "full killer mode", but is pretty darn close (28PSI boost). With the wick turned up a little bit more I expect maybe mid 5800's or so on the 2-3.

Driveability is fine. I'm wondering if it will display the "shift business" issue common with the BRF valve body when driving really slow at very light throttle. So far it has not shown that issue with the KC valve body.

Modified KC Valve body from CKperf installed. I'm liking it.:D

First test drive with the powerlogger shows clean crisp 2-3 shift at 5780RPM. Car is not running on "full killer mode", but is pretty darn close (28PSI boost). With the wick turned up a little bit more I expect maybe mid 5800's or so on the 2-3.

Driveability is fine. I'm wondering if it will display the "shift business" issue common with the BRF valve body when driving really slow at very light throttle. So far it has not shown that issue with the KC valve body.
What converter and governor are you using?

It has:
PTC 9.5" 17 blade
stock BR governor
28" tire

Very close to what i have. I have 27" tires and a 16 blade with the stock BR governor. We want all the data to correspond and it seems to be:biggrin:

I've been comparing to some of the data from my old setup.

My old trans combo shifted the 2-3 at 5750RPM at ~55MPH. That was:
-BRF valve body
-Precision single disc

This new combo is shifting the 2-3 at ~75MPH at 5780RPM.
-KC valve body
-9.5"PTC

That's an extra 20MPH of 2nd gear pull. Thanks for the help Bison.

I've been comparing to some of the data from my old setup.

My old trans combo shifted the 2-3 at 5750RPM at ~55MPH. That was:
-BRF valve body
-Precision single disc

This new combo is shifting the 2-3 at ~75MPH at 5780RPM.
-KC valve body
-9.5"PTC

That's an extra 20MPH of 2nd gear pull. Thanks for the help Bison.

Watch those e.t.'s drop now:biggrin: Your car should 330' much better with the PTC vs. the old precision converter. Post up your old and new data when you get it. Id love to see the new 330' number.

Well we now all agree its a winner.How do you like the 2/3 shift @ wot ?I am having new 1/2 shift valve springs and a tv plunger springs made soon for it .This is a very important update for a motor that needs to go beyond 5200 rpms.The main thing is to realize that there is no trouble adjusting the tv with this combination either.There is also a change to the tv modulator downshift valve spring that gives you an alive 2/1 kickdown beyond 22 mphour.The 3/2 control valve mod is extremely important for the direct cluch at all throttle angles .I sent one to Otto a few days ago.Im sure he will be satisfied with the results.We can also modify it for 2 pressure switch operation.Im playing with one now that is giving 6400 rpm upshifts at wot and still shifts on time everywhere else with the Buick throttle body/tv cable geometry.JC how soon do you want one?Let me know.

Well we now all agree its a winner.How do you like the 2/3 shift @ wot ?I am having new 1/2 shift valve springs and a tv plunger springs made soon for it .This is a very important update for a motor that needs to go beyond 5200 rpms.The main thing is to realize that there is no trouble adjusting the tv with this combination either.There is also a change to the tv modulator downshift valve spring that gives you an alive 2/1 kickdown beyond 22 mphour.The 3/2 control valve mod is extremely important for the direct cluch at all throttle angles .I sent one to Otto a few days ago.Im sure he will be satisfied with the results.We can also modify it for 2 pressure switch operation.Im playing with one now that is giving 6400 rpm upshifts at wot and still shifts on time everywhere else with the Buick throttle body/tv cable geometry.JC how soon do you want one?Let me know.
Let me know when you figure out the 6400 rpm combo. I did a trans for a guy with a 350 SBC this year and hes changing to a nasty steel rotator solid cammed combo with some serious heads this winter. Id love to get him a vb that will allow automatic WOT shifts. Ill need a couple for the 2 engines ive got going in my junks too. Were going really fast next year:biggrin:

Got it Chris,Ill call in tomorrow with payment.
Not sure illl get in installed before i go away,so it might be a few weeks
Thanks

Mike is coming home this week ..... we were hoping to get to the track next weekend.

Heck Yeah!!! If you can ship one up so we have it by Thursday we can do the install....

I can't think of a better way to spend my vacation then working on a TR and heading to the track!!!!

Well we now all agree its a winner.How do you like the 2/3 shift @ wot ?

It's clean and crisp now with the modified KC, which is a relief because I was having problems with it holding the 2-3 before (unless I manually shifted). I had already burned up 1 set of clutches with the old calibration.

mike call in tomorrow with address info and itll go out.

Chris, don't go through too much trouble to get it out. It might not get to Ottawa in time anyway.

But if you want to try, send it to John's address......this is the last weekend the track is open, so if it doesn't make it in time it will be a winter project ready for next year......

:D :D :D

It's all good. My trans has been great with this valve body. The 2-3 shift calibration is super.

what combo vb & gov would work to get a 6000+ shift with a precision 91/2 non lock up?

Id try the KC vb and BR governor. The Precision NL is no where near as efficient as the PTC 9.5" so it should shift at later rpm since the driveshaft speed will be lower for a given engine rpm from the extra slip.

Id try the KC vb and BR governor. The Precision NL is no where near as efficient as the PTC 9.5" so it should shift at later rpm since the driveshaft speed will be lower for a given engine rpm from the extra slip.

Bison how much rpm do you think would be gained with the KC vb over my BR vb? Thanx for the info & Happy new year!