KC valvebody for cammed, and ported head TR

2004R code list

Tried to upload here but didn't work either ? I'll see if I can put it in PM.

2004R Codes

1982-1983-1984-1985-1986-1987-1988-1989-1990--------APPLICATION
9AA- 3AA- 4AA- 5AA- 6AA------------------------------Cadillac w/o E.C.S.
----------------5AB- 5AC------------------------------------- UNKNOWN
9AP- 3AP- 4AP- 5AP- 6AP------------------------------Cadillac with E.C.S.
-----3BR- 4BQ- 5BQ- 6BR- 7BR----------------------- Regal Type-T/GN/GNX
----------4BT------------------------------------------------ B/D 4.1 V-6
-----3BY- 4BY---------------------------------------------------- 4.1 V-6
-------------------- 6CA--------------------- Pontiac G/P & 2+2 305 H V-8
--------------------------7CC- 8CC---------------------------------305 H
----------4CH-5CH------- 7CY- 8CY-------------------------------4.3 V-6
--------------------------7CH- 8CH-------------------------------4.3 V-6
--------------5CY- 6CH------------------------- Pontiac Gran Prix 3.8 V-6
-------------------------7CT- 8CT- 9CT- 0CT----------------- UNKNOWN
-------------------------7CU- 8CU- 9CU- 0CU----------------- UNKNOWN
-------- 4CQ-5CQ- 6CZ- 7CZ- 8CZ-------------Monte Carlo SS 305 G 3.73
9CR-----4CR---------------------------------------------------307 Y V-8
------------- 5CR-6CR---7CR-----------------------------------305 H V-8
-------------------6HC-----------------------------------------UNKNOWN
------------------------7HD------------------------------------UNKNOWN
9HE-3HE-4HE-5HE-----------------------------------------------UNKNOWN
-------------------------7HF------------------------------------UNKNOWN
9HG-----4HG- 5HG---------------------------------------------- UNKNOWN
-------------------------7HT------------------------------------UNKNOWN
--------------------6KB-------------------------------- Olds Cutlass 307 Y
------------------------------------------0KD-------------------UNKNOWN
--------------------6KJ--7KJ--8KJ--9KJ--- 0KJ--------------307 Y 3.08/3.23
-------------------------7KT- 8KT- 9KT-- 0KT------------------ 307 Y 2.93
9OG-3OG-4OG-5OG-6KC--7KC------------------------------- B/D 307 Y 2.73
----------4OJ-5OJ---------------------------------------------- 307 Y V-8
9OM-3OM-4OM-5OM------------------------------------- B/D/G DIESEL V-8
------3OZ-4OZ-5OZ-6KZ-7KZ------------------ Hurst Olds/Cutlass 442 3.73
-----------------------------------9TA------------ Pontiac Turbo Trans-Am

people are so dumb going to all these CK valve bodies and stuff, the stock valve body can be modified by simply playing with the landsize of the valves thier location and, springs inside the valve body, my transmission guy did just that and got me shifting at 6,200rpm on the 2-3 shifts right on the money. :) no need to drill or lightened the governor weights or change to an expensive and totally different valve body, higher shift points can be acomplished by simply playing with the geometry inside the valve body and know what you are doing. :)

FYI: driveability of the car at part and light throttle stayed the same. ;)

people are so dumb going to all these CK valve bodies and stuff, the stock valve body can be modified by simply playing with the landsize of the valves thier location and, springs inside the valve body, my transmission guy did just that and got me shifting at 6,200rpm on the 2-3 shifts right on the money. :) no need to drill or lightened the governor weights or change to an expensive and totally different valve body, higher shift points can be acomplished by simply playing with the geometry inside the valve body and know what you are doing. :)

FYI: driveability of the car at part and light throttle stayed the same. ;)
If everyone is so dumb why do you have a "transmission guy" doing all your work. Playing with geometry? Lol. You're a dumb ass. KC vb is easily found for under $150 and produces the same result everytime. No need to re engineer a vb that has other issues when trying to get consistent high rpm wot ratio changes. You are truly a ball bag posting in a transmission forum about something you know nothing about.

If everyone is so dumb why do you have a "transmission guy" doing all your work. Playing with geometry? Lol. You're a dumb ass. KC vb is easily found for under $150 and produces the same result everytime. No need to re engineer a vb that has other issues when trying to get consistent high rpm wot ratio changes. You are truly a ball bag posting in a transmission forum about something you know nothing about.

Bison, I never said i was an expert in the 2004R transmissions, I am only relaying on my personal experience with my builder and what he tells me about how its done, if you want my transmission guys name and number i will be more than happy to provide you with it so he can give you a 30 min lesson in how simple it is to make the stock valve body shift over 6,000rpm by simply experimenting with valve sizes,springs and land diameters without having to buy a $150 dollar KC valve body, those changes he made to my transmission cost me nothing, not a penny out of pocket and it took him less than 15 minutes to make., why spend $150 on useless crap when you can spend that money on something else. ;), if you like to see an XFI log on my car and the shift points i will be more than happy to post that or send it to you, Open your mind and Yee shall learn my friend. ;) all that I am simply saying is the magic he can do with the stock stuff if you know exactly where to make the changes, and let me tell you, not everyone knows how to work on these transmissions like this guy does, he was literaly the R&D guy that GM would hire to find out why the 2004R were breaking starting back in 1981, this guy is a genious when it comes to working on the 2004R's, he is a little excentric but a genious nontheless.

I don't need a lesson. I figured out how to get the shift points I wanted at all throttle angles 3 years ago. Why don't you tell your transmission guy start a new thread in the forum and post his input. You have zero useful input here. Btw, let me guess who you are. You reside in CA and were banned here sometime last fall/winter. But I could be wrong:rolleyes:

Wrong. :confused:,I have actually asked him more than a few times to post and make and account but he is wayyyy to busy building 2004R's for customers and about 3 months behind to post his secrets on useless forums just to have them picked apart by people who dont know what they are talking about, when he talks to me about transmissions is like listening to someone speaking chinesse, I be the 1st to admit and tell you that he confuses the crap out of me. LOL

he is wayyyy to busy building 2004R's for customers and about 3 months behind to post his secrets on useless forums just to have them picked apart by people who dont know what they are talking about,

I find a funny similarity between your quote and you ,Brian and I.

Wrong. :confused:,I have actually asked him more than a few times to post and make and account but he is wayyyy to busy building 2004R's for customers and about 3 months behind to post his secrets on useless forums just to have them picked apart by people who dont know what they are talking about, when he talks to me about transmissions is like listening to someone speaking chinesse, I be the 1st to admit and tell you that he confuses the crap out of me. LOL

Your posts are useless and you admit you dont know what he's talking about. Im still not convinced im wrong either. " when he talks to me about transmissions is like listening to someone speaking chinesse(sic)". Those are the the words you just posted in a transmission tech forum in a thread about KC code vb's. You have not contributed anything useful and have spammed a thread. Why dont you post somewhere about something you actually know about?

Guys,

Let's keep the thread on topic.
On a side note membership to this forum is optional, if
it was useless we would not have over 31 thousand members.
Not all of those are troll accounts.
These cars have not been built in around 24 years, this forum and it's
great members help keep it Turbo Buick community alive...

Best regards,

Your posts are useless and you admit you dont know what he's talking about. Im still not convinced im wrong either. " when he talks to me about transmissions is like listening to someone speaking chinesse(sic)". Those are the the words you just posted in a transmission tech forum in a thread about KC code vb's. You have not contributed anything useful and have spammed a thread. Why dont you post somewhere about something you actually know about?

Bison I didn't mean to piss on your cereal this morning, what I meant is that I dont know anything about transmissions, and when my builder talks to me in transmission language ( CODE) I am the 1st to admit that is like listening to someone speaking chinesse, this guy is so smart regarding his subject that I bet he would probably lose you if you ever decided to talk to him, I always have to ask him to explain to me stuff twice because its very difficult to understand someone who is extremely smart on thier subject, I never said I knew about transmissions I said my builder did, and never did I say he didnt know what he was talking about, if you have figured out your own transmissions years ago and set your shift points the way you like them KUDOS to you, I am simply given my opinion that in reality you don't need a KC valve body code with a GN governor to make your transmission shift at higher levels, you can make it happen with the stock stuff if you know what your doing.
Regards..

Bison , this guy is so smart regarding his subject that I bet he would probably lose you if you ever decided to talk to him.

Hmmm. I would beg to differ on that opinion. Brian, CK and even myself have been very involved to some degree our own transmission projects and far beyond backyard building. There is not much, if anything that gets by Bison.
Allan G.

Interesting to see how far the use of this valve body has became since the inception of the concept.