Kirban gauge install question

baghouse

EZE
I just installed the Kirban gauges (oil, temp, boost) this past weekend. I'm VERY happy to finally have gauges.

The instructions say to disconnect the old wire and tape it up - which I did.

My question - how does the fan know to turn on now if it's not connected to the idiot light/computer? I did verify that it comes on when the AC is engaged. Is this an issue? Can I just connect the old wire to the new sending unit as well? Am I overthinking this?

answered on your other thread ..try to keep a subject on one thread
the green wire is for idiot lamp only, grounded it will light the lamp so just tape it off
the low fan runs off ecu control and thats based on the reading from the two wire coolant sensor on the driverside front of intake , has yellow and blk wire

answered on your other thread ..try to keep a subject on one thread
the green wire is for idiot lamp only, grounded it will light the lamp so just tape it off
the low fan runs off ecu control and thats based on the reading from the two wire coolant sensor on the driverside front of intake , has yellow and blk wire

Thank you, will do.

So there is a coolant sensor other than the one I installed from Kirban? This sensor is separate and goes to the ECU?

again ..the ecu coolant sensor is on the front driverside of intake ..two wire sensor .. yellow and black wires ...you need that for proper engine operation so the ecu knows the engine temp , it controls more than just low fan control and can affect fueling and timing

the other sensor (switch) for idiot lamp that you should have removed for the gauge sender , only turns on the coolant lamp on overheat , so as long as you pay attention to the coolant gauge you just installed you can see if the cooling system has issues before they become an overheat issue and you might not need an idiot lamp