knock!!!

thank you Neal will do some tunning let some dumb friend hold the car & I told him too watch it...smh I guess I learned my lesson!!!

Make sure he put right fuel in it if he filled tank, also perform good ol fashioned look over see if anything is out of the ordinary. Not to mention if you have scan tool. (Scanmaster or powerlogger) to varify maf is functioning properly, also make sure downpipe isnt hitting anything. Ohh before I stop rambling fuel psi vac line off? What chip you running and injectors. Lastly. Your a better friend then me. I wouldnt let a soul drive my car or even loan it. :mask:

From my understanding Eric Marshall TT chips are today's chip not to sure about your injectors. Im still saving up to update my injectors to 60lbs from my research there a good injector to grow with. Also whats status of your fuel pump, updated? Adjustable fuel pressure regulator? Can you varify increase in fuel psi with boost. ?

I placed a adjustable wastegate actuator on there I believe its an HD one though I think there lies my problem how can I distinguish them????

not yet im still waiting on my fuel pressure kit from kirban & replacing the pump 2 .dont really wanna spend for an adj reg right now i have a 237 on there now but have a stock that i may modify . .currently looking for a 3 bar map though...

Cant stress enough fuel delivery critical with these cars. Must varify fuel psi and delivery your issues lay there, until you have your fuel system up to snuff, I would stay out of boost and try your hardest not push her, if your lucky you will pop some headgaskets, worst case chip pistons or smoke some rod bearings. Once you got that fuel delivery psi and VOLUME. she should be running full steam again assuming all other aspects of car up to standard

stock turbo 15* knock???how worried should I be???

First off, fill out you signature. We need to know everything. Year make model, and ALL mods. If it didn't come on it when new in 1987, put it on there. As you progress further down the road and get to know the car intimately, and we get to know you intimately, then you can just list the basic mods you have done to you car in your sig after that, and that will be good enough.

But 15 degrees of knock? VERY worried. 15 degrees for how long? In what weather? With what fuel? And what fuel pressure? What's your boost at? Need to know all your mods first. Does your friend make a lot of money?

Last edited:
Does it always knock? Stock IC?

If its an old RED 93 chip I bet its has to much timing.

HD actuators don't go below 18 psi boost.. that may be one of his issues. Aside from needing a new fuel pump and hotwire kit as a bare minimum. And a fuel filter.
Injectors and chip are probably next on list.. As well as getting boost down to below 16..
At least he has a knock gauge he's concerned about.. thats a good start.

I would park that car and not even drive it untill you have things ironed out and you have the new parts put on. I just bought my first t type, and first classic or muscle car, what ever you want to call it. I have not driven the car except for the test drive, and that was 3 1/2 weeks ago. Having a car parked, that runs and drives, but needs some upgrades to be reliable and able to see whats going on with the car(scanmaster, hotwire, FP, etc) is alot better than a car that is sitting and needs a rebuild. Do yourself a favor, don't let anyone drive you're car

actually car runs fine & rarely knocks have my fuel pump hotwired just waiting on my gauge the only thing I did different was replace the stock actuator with and adj one when it knocked..

Your actuator shouldn't even be hooked up at this point :) Until you have all the appropriate gauges and the car's tune is verified, you should be in zero boost.

Check your oil for coolant, check your coolant for oil, check your plugs for speckling, drain the gas and put in known good 93.

Start it up in the garage and listen. Any ticks or knocks? Has the motor been opened up? I ask because it's not in your sig...