L67 F-bird

there's a guy in town here that has a 3800 v6 camaro he turbocharged. Its close to making a 10 second pass

The boost bypass valve is used during cruising/light load/deceleration. This is so it is not taking horsepower during light load demands so it is actually in bypass during normal highway speeds. It is something that needs to be functional.

I probably should have worded it a little better, the boost bypass valve is functional, its just the little switch that blocks boost when in reverse and when the ECM thinks its in torture mode I took off since I dont think the L36 fbody had the function or the pinout location.

A small update, the water neck is at the welder, along with the supercharger to get the bungs welded in. I got the EGR stuff attached, messed around with wiring a bit. The coil pack is sitting on top of the GTP bracket but the wiring is too short to go to the firebird harness so Im either going to get another valvecover without the oil fill hole and drill one in the front or lengthen the wires, wich I dont really want to cut and solder 14 wires, and then have to real insulation on them.

Created an octopus today. All the hoses and lines and stuff are in place, going in the car tomorrow and may be running by next weekend. Maybe.

Got the fuel lines, vacuume lines, EGR tubes, random fittings, heater hoses, bolted the charger down, put the guts back in, got all the wires finished up. All ive got to do is get it installed and pray it doesnt hit anything.

picture-1195.jpg

picture-1201.jpg

picture-1199.jpg

picture-1204.jpg

Motors in for the last time (I hope) and fits. Nothings hooked up but it should be running by the end of the week and maybe driveable in a few weeks as long as I dont encounter any issue. :eek:

picture-1208.jpg

picture-1210.jpg

picture-1207.jpg

Well I worked for like 3 hours tonight with the intention of trying to get it to start. I stuck the knock sensors back in so it wouldnt leak cooland and had to plug a hole in the block that I forgot to put a plug in. Filled it up with water and didnt see any catastrophic leaks so I build my plug wires. Then I was like YEAH! I can start it with just a splash of oil. Funnel was MIA so a water bottle lost its life. Wasnt expecting it to start but I let the pump build some fuel pressure and turned the key and it immediately started. Either I got lucky or my experience is showing. :eek:

picture-1211.jpg

As you can see, its DARK!
picture-1212.jpg

Little video. Click on the picture to watch. No cat means its LOUD! Plus it was dark, 9:45 at night, idles at 2500 RPM, and I didnt want to wake the neighborhood. So I didnt run it like I wanted to. But at least it runs. How it started first time out is beyond me.

Thought Id update this.

Been driving it and theres about 500 miles on it. Runs great and is very snappy. Ive got a 3" single shot exhaust on since I last updated this and replaced some brake parts. There is also an air filter. Hptuners is coming soon and the car would be tuned if my computer didnt crash but ohh well.

What are you doing for an air filter? What kind did you run? Where did you dump your tail pipe? Does single shot exhaust mean that there is a muffler, or no?

Just curious...

Any plans to do a baseline 1/4 mile time, just so we know what she does?

Thanks for the updates!

Stock GTP's run in the high 14's, so I am hoping to run around that. I know Ive got an exhaust, intake, and RWD but the tires will be poor and im not experienced. Theres 2 more races at the track before its closed so I have 2 weeks to get it done.

Exhaust is 3" going into a pypes race pro with one outlet. Sorta a hodgepodge of a bunch of different makers. Filter is just a spectre with a sewer tube.

picture-1331.jpg

picture-1326.jpg

picture-1325.jpg

picture-1324.jpg

Man, I think that setup is awesome! :cool:

Great job, and I can't wait to see the time slip numbers. I bet you'll be in the 13's.

All you need now is a ram air hood with the ducting to your air filter!:wink:

Again, great job!

Looks good, eventually need a vid to watch it run. I just about have my Charger back together after the paint job.

Well I got it tuned and it runs a lot better. It used to surge at idle and die randomly but its good now. I developed a bad miss on #6 under boost so I gotta change plugs and look at the wire. I also gotta get rid of the torque management. I looked at the torque delivered to trans and its around 300 with the miss and 100 degree intake temps. Torque management kicks in at 340. I wouldnt doubt it being able to hit that when I get rid of the miss and lower the intake temp. Im going to re route the air filter and stick it in the lower inner fender so I should drop it around 30 degrees.

Right now I have it running on a stock GS tune so I could 100% sure gain something with timing and fuel changes. Id love a 3.4" pulley too.

5-6 PSI. Closer to 5. Ive read that when you add a good exhaust and intake you loose a bit of boost. Dont know if its true or now but it makes 5.

Yep, a 3.4" pulley should give me around 10 PSI although im going to wait with that until I get headers and its spring.

Do they make a 3.3" or smaller one for more boost?:biggrin: You should get it up arund 15 to 20 and see what happens.:cool: